Academy Deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 99.1%
109   1   0
I'm not a HUGE Taurus fan either, but they do make a couple that I like. The PT22 is a goodun and so is the PT92. I think it's a better pistol than the Beretta...as far as it being more user friendly, that is. The decocker design/style is better on the Taurus.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've got several that go bang. In fact, my PT145 I've had for a long ass time and it's never given me a single problem. I have carried it in my backpack at work every single shift for at least 7 years. It's been reliable as hell.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0

Sig had the same issue!! That problem has been fixed...
PT809 and 2 pt 738's here with never an issue!! If you research the pt111 it is testing out really well and accuracy is well above average!! Not everyone can afford an $800 dollar gun and Taurus can be a good choice as well as Hipoint. Difference is the Taurus is more user friendly!! My daughters 380 hipoint is a PITA to take down and clean, but runs great and is accurate at defensive distance!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sig had the same issue!! That problem has been fixed...
PT809 and 2 pt 738's here with never an issue!! If you research the pt111 it is testing out really well and accuracy is well above average!! Not everyone can afford an $800 dollar gun and Taurus can be a good choice as well as Hipoint. Difference is the Taurus is more user friendly!! My daughters 380 hipoint is a PITA to take down and clean, but runs great and is accurate at defensive distance!!
I'd take one S&W SD9 over 10 Taurus PTanythings. I got my wife's Shield for $249 after all was said and done. Ruger has good affordable selections too. There's just no good reason to mess with Taurus, IMO. YMMV...

Latest posts

Top Bottom