ACADEMY: Heritage Rough Rider Flagship 22 LR Rimfire Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I got a lemon but my Rough Rider was not very accurate at all and I tried 5 different kinds of ammo in it.
If I was 75 feet from a rabbit i could not hit it.
My Phoenix 22 semi auto would hit it though.

Friend had a 12" barrel .22 pistol back in the late 80's that was his grandfathers and that thing would knock cans over at 100 yards
Maybe I expect better accuracy than most.
My Ruger 10-22 rifle I purchased new was a disappointment also.

Am I getting lemons or is this just an issue with me expecting more from new stuff?

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I got a lemon but my Rough Rider was not very accurate at all and I tried 5 different kinds of ammo in it.
If I was 75 feet from a rabbit i could not hit it.
My Phoenix 22 semi auto would hit it though.

Friend had a 12" barrel .22 pistol back in the late 80's that was his grandfathers and that thing would knock cans over at 100 yards
Maybe I expect better accuracy than most.
My Ruger 10-22 rifle I purchased new was a disappointment also.

Am I getting lemons or is this just an issue with me expecting more from new stuff?
I have no experience with the Rough Rider. The Ruger 10/22 should be fairly accurate. The only time I had a problem with one was a takedown version. It was remedied by snugging up the the two halves with the adjustment knob. Inside a 100 yard you should be quarter size groups or at least close I would think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom