Academy in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcollins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back.
Thought I would give a heads up.

They had a fair amount of range ammo on hand.
WWB and Remington Value packs in 9mm, .40 and .45.

Not much .22.
They had 5 boxes of solid mini-mags, I bought two, so there were 3 left.

Their prices are not the best, but not ridiculous either.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back.
Thought I would give a heads up.

They had a fair amount of range ammo on hand.
WWB and Remington Value packs in 9mm, .40 and .45.

Not much .22.
They had 5 boxes of solid mini-mags, I bought two, so there were 3 left.

Their prices are not the best, but not ridiculous either.

NW expressway and southside were down to nothing but .40 cal, as of this weekend.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you guys have this acadamy thing down right......

they all get ammo shipments in 2 or 3 days a week.

You have to call them at 9am every morning to see what they have, they will then hold back a box or two for you but you have to get your request in before it is all spoken for.

They get 100s of calls a week so a lot of ammo never gets to the shelf.

Risky_Rooster

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you guys have this acadamy thing down right......

they all get ammo shipments in 2 or 3 days a week.

You have to call them at 9am every morning to see what they have, they will then hold back a box or two for you but you have to get your request in before it is all spoken for.

They get 100s of calls a week so a lot of ammo never gets to the shelf.

Awwww, Thats how it works. Thanks for the tip. I'm putting them on speed dial!

Thanks again

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was in there a couple of weeks ago and had a bunch of ammo on a shelf behind the counter with white pieces of paper on the boxes with peoples name on it. I couldn't believe that. I think you should have to be there to get it and not "reserve" the ammo.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ah yes. They will only hold it if no one else requests it. Don't let the white paper fool you. If you ask to buy it and they won't, get the store manager. I have a good friend that is the director of a store and the call in to hold policy is that they will put your name on it unless a customer asks. (At least that is what it is supposed to be) I guess each store could be different, but you might as well ask..

M

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was in there a couple of weeks ago and had a bunch of ammo on a shelf behind the counter with white pieces of paper on the boxes with peoples name on it. I couldn't believe that. I think you should have to be there to get it and not "reserve" the ammo.

Ah yes. They will only hold it if no one else requests it. Don't let the white paper fool you. If you ask to buy it and they won't, get the store manager. I have a good friend that is the director of a store and the call in to hold policy is that they will put your name on it unless a customer asks. (At least that is what it is supposed to be) I guess each store could be different, but you might as well ask..

M

Either way, that's bush league.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

M

If they do that then they should not be holding it for anyone in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom