Academy Sports CEO supports DNC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otherone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps gun issues are not the most important issue to the exclusion of all others to this man. He may agree with much of the democratic platform, but not all of it (maybe including gun rights). I have yet to see a politician I agree with 100%.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they have given me some hassles with fondling/purchasing guns before that was a bit unexpected. Firstly, there's the policy of "must be 21 or older to purchase/handle 'assault weapons' ". I have only had them ask for ID on that one a couple times. Secondly, when I went to Academy in Tulsa (don't remember which one) to purchase my Para 1911, my DL address was not the same as my current address (though it is an OK DL and both addresses were street addresses in OK). The teenager at the counter almost didn't sell me the pistol until I told him that the address on my DL was my "permanent home" address while the one I was going to put down on the 4473 was my "college home" address. He let it slide, but I think this was due in part to the fact that I had gone through a 3 month hassle to buy the pistol in the first place (long story that is irrelevant to this discussion). Anyway, I have never had any other FFL have a problem with the fact that my address on my DL didn't match what I was putting down on my 4473. Academy very well could have been in the right on this one, but seeing as they have been the exception and not the rule, I'm going to be lean towards them being wrong.

when i tried to buy my rem 700 at the 41st academy i acidentally put down 74019 instead of 74017 for my zipcode, had a brain fart and the kid said he'd hafta deny the sale, i asked to correct my mistake and he refused, i left the store, called the manager and complained, i was pretty mad about that

Reaction score
How on earth could anti-gun crusaders possibly accept donations from this merchant of death, in good conscience? Seems like a lot of political hipocracy hay could be made from Schumer and Boxer refusing to return this ill-gotten blood money.

Another thing: Academy does indeed hack me off by refusing to sell any AR15 type rifle to anyone under 21, even though the law says 18 year olds can buy rifles. The Ruger "Ranch Rifle" --> 18, but an eeeeevil AR15---> 21. Ridiculous.

allotrope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m used to political hypocrisy, even though it is by no mean a good thing. It happens continuously in our two party system. One prime example would be the highly publicized presidential where you see one candidate (in one political party) attacking their opponents platform (who is in the same political party) one minute and then completely supporting and agreeing with their opponent the next minute after they lost the primary. A lot of politicians are merely support what they think the majority want them to support and/or what is most beneficial to them personally which is why they subsequently change their mind in order to advance their own power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom