Academy sports in Lawton closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take it they are closed completely.I called them in the moring looking for a particular brand and size of running shoes.I told them I would be there in the afternoon to pick them up and the sales guy said they would have them for me at the front counter.When I got there at 3 they were gone.
Temporarily closed, according to Academy's "letter to our customers", included in Okie4570's post above.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I go back to the Academy in Lawton to get my running shoes.While there I noticed they have moved the ammo into a little square area and only one person is allowed at a time.The limit is 5 items.I was surprised they still had a few boxes of Blazer brass 9mm in a 200 round box for $38.99. That is the same price I paid before all the madness started.Thanks to Don Spencer for getting Academy back open in Lawton.Thanks to Academy for not going up on the price of ammo like so many others have.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I go back to the Academy in Lawton to get my running shoes.While there I noticed they have moved the ammo into a little square area and only one person is allowed at a time. Thanks to Don Spencer for getting Academy back open in Lawton.
Under the new silliness (I mean, guidelines) approved by the City Council, Academy can now sell only firearms and ammunition, "while the city legal staff researches whether such merchandise is allowed to be sold" (to quote the Lawton newspaper).

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know.The City Council should leave businesses alone.There will be plenty of businesses out of business by the time the corona virus is over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom