Access for Jackrabbit in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a line on a place where I might have a chance at a jackrabbit this fall? I had in mind public land but if someone had a good piece of private land I wouldn't mind paying them a trespass fee for a weekend of hunting.

The dang things are thick out by Turpin and Beaver out in the Panhandle. Just knock on any wheat farmers door and I’m sure they’ll give you their blessing to shoot all the Jacks you want.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be thick in Kay County back in the day. Especially at the refinery. You could see dozens of them when driving by.
The red fox that have taken up residence in the refinery had a large part of their demise I’m betting.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Killed a couple up in Kansas back in the day and had mama fry one up for me like she would a cottontail, meat was chewy to put it mildly......made a bowl of gravy from the drippings and even it was so tough you had to cut it with a knife. :)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to see them at my parents house in Piedmont in Canadian county in the late 70s.

I haven’t seen one in 10-15 years out in roger mills county

Latest posts

Top Bottom