Accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the way home from the farm today, got a call from the wife that an accident just happened 100’ North of our driveway.
Guy told her that he swerved to miss a raccoon in the road, went into the ditch on the right, lost control and crossed the road to our side, hitting a tree and going through 5 strands of barbed wire before coming to a stop 10 yards into the neighbors field.
I arrived at the scene 10 minutes later. Wife had given him some sanitary wet wipes to help stop the bleeding but it didn’t help much. She left after the neighbor on the south arrived with me soon after arriving
Fire, ambulance, Osage Sheriff, and OHP responded.
View attachment 224985View attachment 224986View attachment 224987View attachment 224988
He refused medical assistance. A family member came by and left coming back with 10 other family members.
LEO let him go home with them.
There is more to the story but I’ll let it go at that.
Forgot to post the pic of the tree. Highest scar is 7’.
View attachment 224989
The tree didn’t move at all.
He's lucky to be alive....tree's don't give unless they are small. He really did a number on his truck. I'll pray for him.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew an insurance agent who always told people…just run the animal over. And I’ve heard the same from former state troopers.
Thanks for sharing a very good lesson with photos.
That is the standard course of action for animals and I believe what is still taught in driver’s education. Never swerve to miss an animal.

I had a buddy in high school that would swerve to hit a possum or the like. Our first deer hunting trip last year, a buck ran into the side of his Tahoe. We were doing 65 mph. My buddies first comment was, “well, I got my first deer of the season”.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When teaching my middle daughter how to drive, laws and common sense rules, I always told her to never swerve to miss an animal. A puppy or kitten isn’t worth your life or someone else’s.

She had been driving about 6 months when she and her sister came home one afternoon and little sister screamed, “We hit a deer!” Of course I jump up and look at them to be sure they were okay, then went out to survey the damage on the truck. No damage. I asked how big a deer was it and what part of the truck did she hit it with. Her response…

”It was an average size doe and I didn’t really hit it. It was already dead and lying in the middle of the road so I ran over it. I remembered what you said about never swerving to miss an animal.”

:anyone:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was definitely Redd Foxx. I heard him tell the same joke.

I remember 50 years ago pretty clearly. Can't remember what I did yesterday that well.... :rollingla
Some things i can remember real well while others that wasnt really that important not so much, and after i reached the age of 20 music and radios feel to the unimportant section and hardly listened to either and still to this day i never turn a radio on and very seldom a tv.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's going to be miserable for a week or two or longer. Impacts like that and the chances of internal injuries are extremely high, seat belt or no seat belt. He's an idiot for not going by ambulance to get checked out. Hopefully he went on his own later.
I refused an ambulance ride several times they finally told me the ride was free, took the ride, think that free ride cost me about $5,000

kind of rare for coons to be out in the daylight

Latest posts

Top Bottom