Accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I refused an ambulance ride several times they finally told me the ride was free, took the ride, think that free ride cost me about $5,000

kind of rare for coons to be out in the daylight
atleast where i live, we pay a fee as part of our property taxes and ambulance services are ' free.'

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was definitely Redd Foxx. I heard him tell the same joke.

I remember 50 years ago pretty clearly. Can't remember what I did yesterday that well.... :rollingla
It's obvious I'm hosed. I don't remember either 50 years ago or yesterday all that well anymore. I'll dodge an animal if I'm not going too fast, or the conditions aren't bad. Or if they're way too big, but haven't had to make that choice yet. Dad didn't get a change to dodge. He survived, but was pretty well messed up for a while. 1600# steer in VW Beetle. Poor VW was pretty impressive, too. The double curve that they have was reversed into a single large curve. Jaw broken in 3 places, both cheekbones crushed flat, upper tooth ridge separated from the skull. He and I used to look alike, or so I'm told. Not after that!

Bill

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did your vehicle look like that afterwards?
one time in my youth I was driving home highly intoxicated, fell asleep ran off the road my vehicle wasn't damaged as bad as that guy's, but them damn trees don't budge. I was a bloody mess worse than the guy in the pics, no serious injuries but lots of shame and embarrassment

edited to add, the time of the ambulance ride I had a fractured femur from an attempted water ski jump that went wrong, I kept telling them I could drive myself to the hospital they said the femur could cut an artery and the ride was free

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's going to be miserable for a week or two or longer. Impacts like that and the chances of internal injuries are extremely high, seat belt or no seat belt. He's an idiot for not going by ambulance to get checked out. Hopefully he went on his own later.
Exactly. I refused treatment after my vehicle was rear ended by another at 70mph.
On the way home in my wife’s vehicle that came to the scene, I heard a news report about a guy that refused medical treatment, and died in his sleep from internal injuries he wasn’t aware of so I decided the ER was the next stop where there were indeed internal injuries that took weeks to recover from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom