Accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never swerve to miss a small animal and hit a tree.
Years ago, my employer offered a defensive driving course (really more of a seminar) that was good for a discount from State Farm, so I took it. It was just a few months after a couple of folks from our organization had been killed when the driver of the car had swerved to miss a deer and plowed into a tree instead. The instructor in the course used it as an object lesson, saying that if you're going to hit something, try to hit the softer thing.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, my employer offered a defensive driving course (really more of a seminar) that was good for a discount from State Farm, so I took it. It was just a few months after a couple of folks from our organization had been killed when the driver of the car had swerved to miss a deer and plowed into a tree instead. The instructor in the course used it as an object lesson, saying that if you're going to hit something, try to hit the softer thing.

I swerved to miss a dump truck and ran through a group of old women on the sidewalk. Cost me over seven dollars to get my truck clean, but no major damage.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not condoning drinking and driving, but just because one has been drinking dies not mean they are drunk. They lowered the alcohol blowing limit from .012 to .008 if I am not mistaken. The limit is just a gauge not a definitive. My opinion. It's all about cultivating money from the populous.
Does that depend on your definition of drunk?

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember working one in Barber County Kansas where the four guys in the 1980 Chevy Caprice should have swerved to miss the horse. The squared off nose of the Caprice clipped the legs off the horse and that sucker went right through the front windshield. The two guys in the front seat and the horse were with the two guys in the back seat. You couldn't tell where the horse stopped and the people began.

One of the guys was the father of the girl I was dating at the time. That hurt me bad.
Never seen a MV vs horse that ended well for the pax. The horse always seems to roll up on the hood and legs/hooves go straight into the windshield. Saw a fatal back in my LEO days on Hwy 72 between Rolla and Salem. Poor lady likely never law it coming. MSHP worked that one.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I refused an ambulance ride several times they finally told me the ride was free, took the ride, think that free ride cost me about $5,000

kind of rare for coons to be out in the daylight

My last ambulance ride cost right at 8k. May of this year in Newton, IA. Luckily insurance paid half and my 4k met my out of pocket for the year. I'd hate to see the final numbers when this is all done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom