Accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. Arresting the guy isn’t going to stop him from doing it again. All it will do is clog up the court system. People that have a propensity to drive drunk are just going to drive drunk.

That kind of logic is like saying arresting people for murder just clogs the court system, people who kill are just gonna kill. Sorry, but no. If you drive drunk, it should be a mandatory loss of license for 1 year and before the license can be returned a mandatory 200 hour community service, 40 hours of classroom time on the dangers of driving impaired and no alcohol consumption for that same time period or risk further forfeiture of the license. And make it apply to everyone, politicians and LEO as well.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That kind of logic is like saying arresting people for murder just clogs the court system, people who kill are just gonna kill. Sorry, but no. If you drive drunk, it should be a mandatory loss of license for 1 year and before the license can be returned a mandatory 200 hour community service, 40 hours of classroom time on the dangers of driving impaired and no alcohol consumption for that same time period or risk further forfeiture of the license. And make it apply to everyone, politicians and LEO as well.
:lmfao: :screwy::rollingla:laugh6:
Not even a close comparison. My biological Dad was murdered, so you need to come up with a better one, Skippy.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree. Arresting the guy isn’t going to stop him from doing it again. All it will do is clog up the court system. People that have a propensity to drive drunk are just going to drive drunk.
Ahhhh, well, hell. If he's just going back to doing it again then lets not punish him.

Per you, if we send him off to jail/prison he'll just be out and do it again. People that have the propensity ot drive drunk should be locked up for a long time. If that man in the OP was actually drunk i would bet 100% of my money it wasn't the first time nor the 100th time he drove drunk. It finally caught up to him and then he got a very lucky break by the LEO. I sure hope it was a medical issue and was purely an accident for the publics sake. Drunk drivers need to be made an example out of, IMO.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

How about if you commit a driving infraction that causes damage or injury the one at fault pays a heavy price. Kid gets run over by an old lady putting on makeup, girl on a cellphone, guy leaving the bar - kid is just as dead, driver just as culpable, assuming a traffic law was broken.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember working one in Barber County Kansas where the four guys in the 1980 Chevy Caprice should have swerved to miss the horse. The squared off nose of the Caprice clipped the legs off the horse and that sucker went right through the front windshield. The two guys in the front seat and the horse were with the two guys in the back seat. You couldn't tell where the horse stopped and the people began.

One of the guys was the father of the girl I was dating at the time. That hurt me bad.
I saw something close on highway 412, but luckily the brama bull rolled over and smashed the top of the 1980s Grand Prix.
What scared me though is when the bull got up with blood being blown out of his nostrils after being hit at 70 mph and starts towards me and the other car of people that stopped to help. That was one way to scatter a crowd!
He was ready for someone’s dinner table after the OHP arrived on scene.

Latest posts

Top Bottom