Accidental breaking and entering and manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the general tone of the article, no doubt based on the fact that the chief asked for a blood draw. It's also a reasonable explanation for not realizing you're at the wrong door.

I would think it would be standard protocol to an off-duty officer involved shooting when a question of judgement appear. However, I did not take it to mean the officer exhibited signs of intoxication. But, it sure could have.

Honestly I missed that paragraph non this article. I had seen almost identical text in a few different articles that I had read earlier.

As you already know, most agencies have an extensive protocol for officer involved shootings. In a case such as this, the officer may be the crime scene.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're right Dave, on rereading.

It could go either way.

And from what I remember about one such policy, it was standard to allow for the involved officer to submit to a voluntary submission of a sample to be tested. If there is a reason to suspect impairment, then that can change from voluntary submission very easily.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing everyone is forgetting is the tiredness of the officer. She just came off a full shift. Who knows what happened that day. She could have been mentally, emotionally and physically drained from work (hell I get like that and all I do is sling cable). I know when I come home from work I make mistakes that normally would have been obvious. And if she walked into the apartment and saw him first, she could have gotten tunnel vision. Seeing a strange man in what she thought was her apartment she would focus on him and ignore the surroundings. Granted, this is all hypothetical, but a plausible explanation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom