Accidental breaking and entering and manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing everyone is forgetting is the tiredness of the officer. She just came off a full shift. Who knows what happened that day. She could have been mentally, emotionally and physically drained from work (hell I get like that and all I do is sling cable). I know when I come home from work I make mistakes that normally would have been obvious. And if she walked into the apartment and saw him first, she could have gotten tunnel vision. Seeing a strange man in what she thought was her apartment she would focus on him and ignore the surroundings. Granted, this is all hypothetical, but a plausible explanation.

BS. Sorry, but that's lame. "Well, yeah. I uh...I uh...okay, so I shot him. But hey, I was like...you know tired and all, I mean I had just got off work after working a full shift."

Jeebus.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BS. Sorry, but that's lame. "Well, yeah. I uh...I uh...okay, so I shot him. But hey, I was like...you know tired and all, I mean I had just got off work after working a full shift."

Jeebus.

Right now we have no clue how the apartment complex is laid out, no clue what this officer went through on her shift, no clue as to her mental and physical state. So to completely dismiss a very plausible explanation is the true BS. Does it excuse her? No. But so far this thread has already delved into the "She must have been drunk or high" arena. There were a few probes into was this racially motivated. I chose a path that is plausible and could explain how this happened without painting the officer as a drunk or racist. How often do you look at your door when you walk to it? What if her apartment was in the same place just one hallway down? If she was tired its very easy to see her go down the wrong hallway, grab the door and feel it turn, go inside and see a person in the apartment and jump to the conclusion that her apartment was being burglarized.

Truth is none of us know what led to this except for the cop mistook this guy's apartment for hers and shot him.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Narrative 1: Tired and/or stressed officer is disoriented and enters wrong apartment, encounters and kills occupant of same.

Narrative 2: Officer is inadequately vetted, trained and supervised. Police department and "culture" is too lax and forgiving of their own....leading to criminal misuse of force.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Narrative 1: Tired and/or stressed officer is disoriented and enters wrong apartment, encounters and kills occupant of same.

Narrative 2: Officer is inadequately vetted, trained and supervised. Police department and "culture" is too lax and forgiving of their own....leading to criminal misuse of force.
I think I'd rather she be drunk. The PD can refrain from drinking, but I doubt the stress and exhaustion are going away.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sober, drunk, exhausted, or hopped up on mountain dew it really doesn't matter

Exactly. Even if she was too “exhausted” to think straight, she’s still responsible for her actions.

There is more to this story for sure. The only problem is there were no witnesses, that we know of. It disturbed me when the Chief was asked if the officer was in custody and she replied that she didn’t know where the officer was.

If any of us committed a similar act, would we not be in custody, at least for a short time?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom