• Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  • All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Account Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OSA has a fairly lenient set of rules that we all must follow, and quite honestly, a request or suggestion that we allow profanity seems ... silly. We don't need it, in my opinion, and to allow it would serve to make personal attacks and heated discussions more prone to editing/censorship and the issuance of violations. We don't need that either.
It’s not a matter of “need”, it’s just a plain and simple matter of why are so many people still so afraid of profanity? But I get it, you’re just a mod here. This ain’t your website and like you said, it ain’t up to you, you’re just enforcing the rules you were told to enforce. I’m just more/less contributing my retort on how you said that we don’t “need” it here.… LOL. Screw need. It’s about being restricted from being able to do it.

And so what if it actually does help to contribute to more heated discussions; isn’t that part of what web forms are for in the first place? But yeah yeah, I know… It’s your opinion against mine and unfortunately the owner of this site is on your side, not mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Referring to OSA?

Well yeah, but not just here.

But at least this forum is better than others though when it comes to the naughty naughty words but at least here, you can say mild words like damn, hell or piss but some places, you can’t even say that without them blowing a head gasket and leaving you a hand-slapping PM.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporter
Reaction score
For lack of better terms, yeah. No pushing, no shoving, don’t talk back, no cursing, no arguing, if ya can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all…lol. So yeah, pretty much.

Too bad the rest of the world isn’t like this. JMO

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If we "need" profanity to be fulfilled in life, we have fallen to the Snowflake level that we have ridiculed for the past four years.

Nobody said anything about need; or well, that one moderator made it sound like it was something that he thought wasn’t needed but no, it’s not necessarily about need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom