1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Account Deletion

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by ****OKShooters, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Unarmed boating accident survivor

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I too saw the thread and remember the posts. I’m in the middle of the road on this one. I’ve just been having fun on this thread with the asterisks. I’m not taking a side nor do I want it to appear so.

2. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    LOL ....I am not taking side so much as defending a few basic rights.....bwahahahahaha

Just saying if someone wants to delete the account they should be allowed to, I could care less about a few cuss words as long as someone doesn’t spin completely out of control.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  3. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    IMG_5207.jpg
    Way too serious op, just don’t come see us. It’s the internet, no one should take anything too serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    <yawn>

5. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    And I'm that moderator.

It's not my call to say it's a need or not or whatever, or to allow profanity; instead it's a RULE that we refrain from it. It appears I hurt some feelings, but as I have already said, my comment was not addressed to the one person, but to all, and laced with what was intended to be wry sarcasm. Too bad some want to twist my words, but it goes with the job I suppose.

What I find especially interesting is how some members here will send a PM to someone else, telling them what a mean old moderator I am, how unfair I am; how terrible of a person etc. Some have even sent threats of harm regarding me, but they sent them to their secret "buddy", not to me. Imagine their butthurt when I tell them that I received a screenshot of what they had to say behind my back from their "buddy". )This has happened twice now. I won't out anyone over it, that's not my style. Nor will I share the contents of a PM (Private Message), unless it's illegal or potentially dangerous to someone.

I've been on here for a long time, and have seen people come and go. Surely there are forums that allow profanity; this just isn't one of them. Last comment: If you have something to say about me, man up and send your comments to me. I will do my best to answer in a concise, respectful manner so that we can resolve whatever complaint you might have and continue on with being a community of like-minded folks.

6. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    While I agree with you about being able to delete an account, it's a simple fact that software isn't set up to do it. The best answer is to just stop logging in and posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.