Acorns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pin oaks are dropping in our yard, as well as the dammed walnuts. Those things will make one break an ankle stepping on one, and there are hundreds on the ground, with another two weeks or so of them dropping. Nothing eats them but a couple of squirrels.
Great shade trees though.

Walnuts are like 5 bucks a lb now , black walnuts are even more

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Braums black walnut ice cream is my favorite. That $5 per lb is probably for the shelled nuts, not in the green husk that falls from the tree surely.

You are correct English walnuts are 4 bucks that's for small pieces, halves are more expensive. But the black walnuts are like 6 bucks a lb or more only one supplier in the US

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct English walnuts are 4 bucks that's for small pieces, halves are more expensive. But the black walnuts are like 6 bucks a lb or more only one supplier in the US
Hell, with that price, if it were in the hull, I'd pick them up myself!
Paid the young grandson once a nickel each to pick them out of the yard. Thought it would keep him occupied for awhile. Later that afternoon, I ended up having to fork over $60!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, with that price, if it were in the hull, I'd pick them up myself!
Paid the young grandson once a nickel each to pick them out of the yard. Thought it would keep him occupied for awhile. Later that afternoon, I ended up having to fork over $60!

...... child labor ....ddidnt you learn from trump yet .......I can see the CNN headlines now .......lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom