Acoustic Pickin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can't wait to have my acoustics back!

Nooo, we cant have goin without guitars, I cant even imagine what thats like. Im never more than a few feet away from a minimum of 2 guitars, I keep tons of em stashed pretty much every where I live and work. I get an idea for a song at the oddest moments then Im recording something and sending it to one of my bandmates. So easy to do today even with just a phone- I can even put a drum beat to it and effects via an app.

Besides guns, buying guitars is a sickness like no other I have ever known.

Guitars where Im sitting right now in my office- a Fender dreadnought and an Alvarez classical:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like to play in different tunings and always keep a guitar in open G. Here is an interesting one. Pete Townshend is playing a Dave Wakeling (English Beat) tune.

For those that don't play, some songs like this one ... and "Iris" by John Rezeznik are great examples of songs not played in standard or what is called "concert tuning". Unless you figure out how they are tuned, you can get close but not right.

Same with a lot of the songs by the Rolling Stones. Jumping Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, Happy, Ventilator Blues (riff dripping in cool), Start Me Up and many others are in open G tuning where you strum your guitar without fretting and it is a G chord (if one were to "choke" the guitar with a capo at the fifth fret, strumming it would be a C). Lot of old blues cats used this "Spanish Tuning" ... Change tuning on three strings from EADGBE to DGDGBD, plug a Tele into a Fender amp and ... boom.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to play in different tunings and always keep a guitar in open G. Here is an interesting one. Pete Townshend is playing a Dave Wakeling (English Beat) tune.

For those that don't play, some songs like this one ... and "Iris" by John Rezeznik are great examples of songs not played in standard or what is called "concert tuning". Unless you figure out how they are tuned, you can get close but not right.

Same with a lot of the songs by the Rolling Stones. Jumping Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, Happy, Ventilator Blues (riff dripping in cool), Start Me Up and many others are in open G tuning where you strum your guitar without fretting and it is a G chord (if one were to "choke" the guitar with a capo at the fifth fret, strumming it would be a C). Lot of old blues cats used this "Spanish Tuning" ... Change tuning on three strings from EADGBE to DGDGBD, plug a Tele into a Fender amp and ... boom.

You can prolly see the Fender dreadnought has a capo on its headstock. My electrics the only reason one would ever be in standard tuning would be one of my old Les Paul's that doesn't get out the house, everything else is in alternate and has been for over 25 years. My main gigging guitars are: 2 7strings, one B-E, the other A-D; 2 Les Paul's are in D-D, another is in dropC (C-D); 2 6string superstrats w/Floyd's are in D-D but the fine tuner on the 6th is set on both so that I can put em in dropC if I need to even in the dark at a show. Acoustics I tune in some strange configurations usually when recording parts.

on the road...tapatalkn

Latest posts

Top Bottom