Acreage and shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plene Paratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's how I read it. There's a similar statute for privately-owned airports that are open to the public.

There's the ambiguity. That "group" is not any sort of formal, or even informal-but-relatively consistent arrangement, and the "group" isn't operating the range ("operated by any...club, association, or group").

I'm not saying it couldn't be made to work, just that it's not plainly evident from the text that it would.

So....incorporate a group, eg "Oklahoma Weekend Shooters?" Or, operate it under an already-existent one (if the OP already has one)?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your within city limits regardless of how far out it is you cannot legally shoot. If your out of city limits you can shoot all the live long day. Just make sure you have a good backstop. I had a visit from the sheriffs office because one of my neighbors called in on me for shooting. After they checked out my setup they said I wasn’t doing anything wrong and told me I could get back to it. People shoot out here all the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your within city limits regardless of how far out it is you cannot legally shoot. If your out of city limits you can shoot all the live long day. Just make sure you have a good backstop. I had a visit from the sheriffs office because one of my neighbors called in on me for shooting. After they checked out my setup they said I wasn’t doing anything wrong and told me I could get back to it. People shoot out here all the time.
I'd commented on that before and your correct. The only issue they can get you on is safety. Could your berm endanger the folks beyond it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom