Action filed against OSBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should hire more staff. I'm trying to protect my client's rights. How OSBI allocates resources is not my concern.

A quick fix would be to change the approval times to allow up to 180 days then. When you have over 4,000 applications/renewals coming in on monthly basis then that definitely makes it harder to catch up. There no quick fixes with filling gov't positions but they are running a night shift to try to catch up as well.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quick fix would be to change the approval times to allow up to 180 days then. When you have over 4,000 applications/renewals coming in on monthly basis then that definitely makes it harder to catch up. There no quick fixes with filling gov't positions but they are running a night shift to try to catch up as well.

The approval time is not up to the OSBI it is set by the state legislature. OSBI has to work within the rules set down for them as does everyone else. They then have to make a decision to get things done within a popper time frame. If they can not they have to be held accountable the same as any person or company that breaks the law. The main reason for there being no penalties is the state doesn't desire to penalize a state run agency. If they were to have a private firm do everything related to the SDA and set a time frame there would be penalties in place for punishment.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, of course. Hire more staff. So should the police, fire depts, school districts, etc., but who's counting.

120 days is nothing. But, that's not your concern either.

Sure, so long as you're not the one being stalked who needs an SDA license to legally defend yourself.

Another reason out country is turning to **** is because of lawyers and everyone who thinks they need to sue every time they feel a little butt hurt.

I'm not sure what crawled up your butt to make you so jaded, but your comments in this case are unnecessary and demeaning. Why don't you try a little discretion on this one? :D

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The approval time is not up to the OSBI it is set by the state legislature. OSBI has to work within the rules set down for them as does everyone else. They then have to make a decision to get things done within a popper time frame. If they can not they have to be held accountable the same as any person or company that breaks the law. The main reason for there being no penalties is the state doesn't desire to penalize a state run agency. If they were to have a private firm do everything related to the SDA and set a time frame there would be penalties in place for punishment.

See: Tag Agencies

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, so long as you're not the one being stalked who needs an SDA license to legally defend yourself.

I'm not sure what crawled up your butt to make you so jaded, but your comments in this case are unnecessary and demeaning. Why don't you try a little discretion on this one? :D

Ha...That's funny coming from you. Some of my first posts on this board were greeted by a "unnecessary and demeaning" barrage from you. Certainly the post I was responding to when I offended you to the point you needed to respond contained some "unnecessary and demeaning" remarks directed towards other members here. So thanks for the advise, but I couldn't care less about your opinion on anything.

faerielady

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My application hit 90 days on June 28th. When I sent an email about it (I have no arrests/convictions, a completely clean history except for traffic tickets, which were paid on time), this is the response I received.

It looks like we are still waiting on the response to return from processing your fingerprint cards.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so how do they know about that arrest?
TPD notified OSBI at the time but have since either lost or destroyed their records. Our private investigator could find nothing. There is, of course, no court record because no charge was filed. OSBI wants us to provide a disposition. There is none. They have no authority to add such a requrement to the application process.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks Glocktogo for your support!

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one hope you can make it butt hurt them. I think waiting for 90 days is way to long, there is no way we need to add more days " to make a easy fix", hell 90 days is ridicules wait time for me to be able to legally carry my weapon for protection after 13yrs of honorably discharged military service and just had background check done by homeland security for hazmat endorsement on my CDL. Jhat sink spurs and hope like hell you can redirect the "big green weenie" back on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom