Action filed against OSBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A few points here have really stood out.

1. I'm not allowed to be late paying my state taxes lest I incur, at minimum, a monetary penalty.
2. Constitutional carry would allow the OSBI to be relieved of this apparently burdensome paperwork headache.
3. The law provides OSBI plenty of money to cover the cost of getting this done in the manner prescribed by the legislature.

Were Constitutional carry to pass, it would be a clear statement of affirmation that our rights are thought to be respected by the state and THAT is the higher objective.

Saying that this action shouldn't be brought because it may allow OSBI to petition the legislature for more statutory time is like saying we shouldn't repeal Obamacare because we might get something worse instead. I'll call this shortsighted little idea the John McCain memorial grovel.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you honeybee that's the question I want Answered.

Post 38 answered this question. . .

TPD notified OSBI at the time but have since either lost or destroyed their records. Our private investigator could find nothing. There is, of course, no court record because no charge was filed. OSBI wants us to provide a disposition. There is none. They have no authority to add such a requrement to the application process.

Constitutional carry would be great but some area's are still off limits in states that have it. Around schools is one I remember, unless you file for a full fledged permit. And if you travel to other states you generally still have to have a permit too. Oklahoma is one of the few states that recognize an Arizona resident as being able to carry without a permit. It would reduce the number of people applying but I can bet that the times would still be the same or worse since they would have less funding available to do the job less people would be doing it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Constitutional carry would be great but some area's are still off limits in states that have it. Around schools is one I remember, unless you file for a full fledged permit. And if you travel to other states you generally still have to have a permit too. Oklahoma is one of the few states that recognize an Arizona resident as being able to carry without a permit. It would reduce the number of people applying but I can bet that the times would still be the same or worse since they would have less funding available to do the job less people would be doing it.

Good way around that would be to amend the Oklahoma Constitution to remove the part that allows carry to be regulated by the state.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Writ served on OSBI 7/18/13 after changes made as per the court's request. We'll see what shakes out.

Congrats and best of luck. Hope there are no unintended consequences that degrade further our 2nd amendment rights and really hope there are unintended consequences that spur the legislature to give us back some of our God given rights!

Latest posts

Top Bottom