Active shooter @ Warren Clinic 65th &Yale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prescription narcotics are more difficult to come by due to changes in the law to prevent abuse. Gone are the days where you could get a narcotic prescribed for a backache and endless refills to boot.
When my dad was on hospice, he had a narcotic tablet and liquid morphine in the fridge, both prescribed by the hospice doctor. When he passed, the hospice nurse took the narcotics with her that night; she said we could dispose of the other prescriptions as we saw fit, but those narcotics had to be strictly accounted for, down to the last pill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my dad was on hospice, he had a narcotic tablet and liquid morphine in the fridge, both prescribed by the hospice doctor. When he passed, the hospice nurse took the narcotics with her that night; she said we could dispose of the other prescriptions as we saw fit, but those narcotics had to be strictly accounted for, down to the last pill.
Same when my dad passed away. He had morphine pills. When he passed the hospice representative specifically asked for them. Counted out the number remaining in the bottle in front of me, requiring my signature on a form that the count was accurate and correct.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shooter was literally married to a Muskogee Dr., I think he could have gotten pain med’s rather easily if this was the case, there is more to the story. Doesn’t make it right, just makes it fit better
I'm just spitballing here as I know nothing for certain, but as close as they track narcotics these days I'd think a doctor prescribing narcs to a spouse would get said doctor in hot water very quickly.

Doctors don't generally practice on family. Whether that's legally verboten or not, IDK, but I think it's ethically verboten.

Latest posts

Top Bottom