Active shooter @ Warren Clinic 65th &Yale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same when my dad passed away. He had morphine pills. When he passed the hospice representative specifically asked for them. Counted out the number remaining in the bottle in front of me, requiring my signature on a form that the count was accurate and correct.

Mom had Percaset. The morning she passed, called Hospice. First person to show up was PD, asked for all meds. He went through all, counted the Percaset, had me sign report and took them.
Hospice arrived, tried to give the rest of the mess to them. They wouldn't touch.
Took the meds to Pharmacy. They wouldn't take them. Said to turn on to PD.
PD said, they had took what they were concerned with.

Still have a bag full.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There is no acceptable excuse for this coward’s actions but some doctors are inconsiderate pricks with God syndrome. Everything I hear so far indicates this doc was not one of those.

I had knee surgery in 11/19. It didn’t go well and had a full replacement in 3/20. It still wasn’t working right so I had another doc take a look and do a revision in 1/22. Since then I have had many issues with acute swelling, pain, and still working thru it. My doc is great. His PA sucks for air.

When I send a message the PA is often condescending and makes me feel like I’m a big whiner. When I get the actual doc he seems concerned and helps offer solutions. I’d love to exchange knees with the PA and I’m sure his attitude would be different. I haven’t taken a pain pill since day 3. The doc told me I would be able to play golf by March. It’s now June and I can just now walk without a problem. Honestly, there have been times when I would love to punch the PA in his face but I realize that’s not a good solution. Hopefully, this event will help some docs reevaluate how they treat patients who are experiencing problems.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would bet that the shooter was on pain meds. ever look at the side affects of those meds? then mix em up with other meds or drug alcohol use?
That's my opinion. The news says the shooter wanted more "treatment." I think the shooter was addicted to pain meds and wanted more meds. That was the "treatment."

Doctors today will no longer give a patient an endless stream of pain meds. It's actually kind of surprising how many procedures will only warrant ibuprofen.

If the shooter had only wanted more (legitimate) treatment, and his doc refused (cause said doc had nothing more to offer), then the shooter could have gone to another doc.
But the shooter sounded every bit like an addict demanding drugs.

IMO.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like Tulsa, Police, State, and County authorities, didn't mess around, and went in upon arrival! It seems to me, and I know just about everything, that if we would present these punks DEAD BODIES IN AS UNFLATTERING WAY AS POSSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC, PROP THEIR MUTILATED CORPS, UP ON THE STREET CORNER, AND TAKE PICTURES WITH THE HEROS THAT KILLED THEM, LIKE THEY DID BACK IN THE OLD WEST, WOULD THAT START SENDING A DIFFERENT MESSAGE TO THE NEXT MORON, WITH THIS ON HIS MIND?

I hope that's the dumbest s*** I read today.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I was hit by a drunk driver when I was a kid..... back pain WILL make you crazy. No I'm not justifying this by any means, just saying that back pain, in extreme form, is very serious. I have no idea how people deal with chronic pain.
Not to try to compare my pain with anyone else's (I have found it is pretty much impossible to have any idea of how one person's discomfort ranks on another person's tolerance scale), but I do live with a toothache level of pain in my lower back at least 80% of the time. It is from a car wreck in my 20s and the seat and a steel lumbar support that was bowed inward a couple of inches after the wreck.

I completely get poor decisions in the heat of the moment, our builder definitely brought out the worst in me once I started finding fraudulent actions, but I would imagine most mentally stable people still have that final check that says death or prison aren't worth it. Maybe I feel that way because I take for granted that I have people in my life I would prefer to be around for many more years to come.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to try to compare my pain with anyone else's (I have found it is pretty much impossible to have any idea of how one person's discomfort ranks on another person's tolerance scale), but I do live with a toothache level of pain in my lower back at least 80% of the time. It is from a car wreck in my 20s and the seat and a steel lumbar support that was bowed inward a couple of inches after the wreck.

I completely get poor decisions in the heat of the moment, our builder definitely brought out the worst in me once I started finding fraudulent actions, but I would imagine most mentally stable people still have that final check that says death or prison aren't worth it. Maybe I feel that way because I take for granted that I have people in my life I would prefer to be around for many more years to come.

Add a condescending surgeon, or a receptionist that screens the patient from communicating with the doc and I imagine the rage gets cranked up a notch or two.

Guy that was in that office was on news awhile ago - gunman told him "I'm not here for you. Leave."

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no acceptable excuse for this coward’s actions but some doctors are inconsiderate pricks with God syndrome. Everything I hear so far indicates this doc was not one of those.

I had knee surgery in 11/19. It didn’t go well and had a full replacement in 3/20. It still wasn’t working right so I had another doc take a look and do a revision in 1/22. Since then I have had many issues with acute swelling, pain, and still working thru it. My doc is great. His PA sucks for air.

When I send a message the PA is often condescending and makes me feel like I’m a big whiner. When I get the actual doc he seems concerned and helps offer solutions. I’d love to exchange knees with the PA and I’m sure his attitude would be different. I haven’t taken a pain pill since day 3. The doc told me I would be able to play golf by March. It’s now June and I can just now walk without a problem. Honestly, there have been times when I would love to punch the PA in his face but I realize that’s not a good solution. Hopefully, this event will help some docs reevaluate how they treat patients who are experiencing problems.

You need to let the doc know his PA is an ass. You can also tell the PA he's an ass, you just can't threaten anyone, not that you would. I've had it out with a couple of doc's. One was a dentist. I gave him a ration of s*** you would have had to see to believe. Incompetent boob. Dr's aren't Gods. They call it the "practice" of medicine for a reason, and the cemeteries are full of their mistakes. If you don't like the care you're receiving you have every right to ask for a change of provider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom