Active shooter @ Warren Clinic 65th &Yale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All YOU, or I, know about this shooting, is what the news media tell us! And only a fool would believe that, RIGHT? The news media in 1923 reported the black man in the Tulsa Country Jail, was going to be/ should be, Lynched! This caused a group of black men, some armed, to go to the jail to take him out by force, before he was lynched! This caused a group of white men, some armed to go to the jail to prevent the black men from taking him out of the jail by force! 11 white men, and 3 black men, were KILLED in this first engagement of the 1923 RACE RIOT, (MASSACRE)! WE NEVER HEAR THIS PART OF THE STORY NOW, DO WE?,Source, an article printed the day after the riot in 1923, form arcives of one of the three news papers, that were printing SYNSTIONAL NEWS STORIES, in an effort to gain the upper hand, in the on-going circulation war! Many of these archived stories, printed at the time, have mysteriously disapered, is that AMAZING OR WHAT? There was NEVER ANY PLAN TO LYNCH THIS MAN, other than what the news media created, the politicially correct thing to do at that time! Just like they do today, to get ratings, and print what ever is politicially correct this week!! In my opinion the NEWS MEDIA LITERALLY CAUSED THIS TERRIBLE EVENT, but will never be heald responsable, will they? GREAT POWER must have checks, and balances! in our society the government can't regulate the news media, at least they are not suppose to! So that leaves we the people! We MUST THINK FOR OUR-SELF, and keep the news media HONEST!
1921, not 1923.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom had Percaset. The morning she passed, called Hospice. First person to show up was PD, asked for all meds. He went through all, counted the Percaset, had me sign report and took them.
Hospice arrived, tried to give the rest of the mess to them. They wouldn't touch.
Took the meds to Pharmacy. They wouldn't take them. Said to turn on to PD.
PD said, they had took what they were concerned with.

Still have a bag full.
Some Walgreens stores had a silver color metal box, sat on the floor by the pharmacy area, to turn in prescription drugs.
This was before the Wu-Flu, but they had a sign on them that said not to drop off liquid, aerosol or refrigerated drugs (I believe).

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walgreen's Medication Dropbox

"Protect your family against misuse of all medications by safely disposing of prescription and OTC medications at select Walgreens pharmacies.

How safe medication disposal works

Simply bring your unwanted, unused or expired medication to a Walgreens safe medication disposal kiosk and drop it in—just like putting a letter in a mailbox."

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With as many warning labels on prescription drugs about side effects that could interfere with judgement and operating heavy equipment, I often wonder how many people are out there possibly impaired on the roads and doing who knows what else.
I think of that often, I bet there are a LOT of people out there driving on meds that would scare the begeezus out of us.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL IF you were referring to myself... Where did I say I wasn't addicted to them? Ive taken them for over ten years. That's a stupid assumption that I wouldn't be.

But nothing a week of feeling like crap couldn't resolve.

I'm curious ... Because I, too, have been on both extended release opioids for chronic, intractable pain and a "regular" opioid for break-thru pain for YEARS ... Like the majority of patients (at least that's what I'm told by my pain management providers) I will forget to take my meds on the occasional good day I have. I do not crave my medication. I don't have any withdrawal ... Nothing. Except my pain ALWAYS comes back
... While my chart shows a diagnosis of "simple dependency" -- whatever that is -- I am relatively certain that if my pain issues were resolved tomorrow I could NEVER take another opioid and be perfectly fine. I find it foreign to me that others appear to crave these meds so much. It confounds me -- but I am also grateful my body seems to not care about getting these meds if I am not hurting as bad as is what is normal for me these days.

Do you think you would have to deal with withdrawal symptoms if you were able to stop taking your meds?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
violence against hospital personnel is going to continue to rise. not saying it's good or bad; but it's going to happen.

LOTS of people hate them right now.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious ... Because I, too, have been on both extended release opioids for chronic, intractable pain and a "regular" opioid for break-thru pain for YEARS ... Like the majority of patients (at least that's what I'm told by my pain management providers) I will forget to take my meds on the occasional good day I have. I do not crave my medication. I don't have any withdrawal ... Nothing. Except my pain ALWAYS comes back
... While my chart shows a diagnosis of "simple dependency" -- whatever that is -- I am relatively certain that if my pain issues were resolved tomorrow I could NEVER take another opioid and be perfectly fine. I find it foreign to me that others appear to crave these meds so much. It confounds me -- but I am also grateful my body seems to not care about getting these meds if I am not hurting as bad as is what is normal for me these days.

Do you think you would have to deal with withdrawal symptoms if you were able to stop taking your meds?
Yes. My body is used to having the medication and it would bother me for a few days im sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom