ADA range 4/22/17 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rainy and cold so took off this morning to the Ada indoor range. It was great!
Only one there and did pretty good for me.
Shooting the Gen 4 Glock 19 9mm (vortex venom red dot) with Remington bucket ball ammo 114 grain at 10 yards.
First picture is checking the zero from rest (it's dialed in Ha!). Pic two is my first 10 round without rest. Third is another 10 yards and the fourth is the after a total of 30 rounds.
Fifth is, point of view pic, as I moved the target out to 20 yards. Sixth pic is my results aiming at the #7 at 20 yds.
Seventh picture is the center target, back at 20 yards and just shooting the crap out of it.
Last picture is the prize at the end of the day.
Went home and gave my glock a great cleaning. I like cleaning my guns but particularly like it after I've had a good day at the range. ADA 4 22 17 1 zero.JPG ADA 4 22 17 2 10 rounds.JPG ADA 4 22 17 3 10 more rounds.JPG ADA 4 22 17 4 after 30 rounds.JPG ADA 4 22 17 5 moved out to 20 yards.JPG Ada 4 22 17 6 20 yards aiming at #7.JPG ADA 4 22 17 7 a bunch on center targer.JPG ADA 4 22 17 8 the end.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks M&M. Not much feedback from the forum when I post targets. Might be posting too many of them. Ha!
Maybe I'll just pm them, to a few folks here that post targets, rather than what I've been doing.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy looking at targets, keep posting them.
I don't think anything really gets very many replies, besides political topics.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's too bad because I like seeing other peoples results, I like to see what other people are doing and the suggestions.
I know members are shooting paper or at steel. Would enjoy seeing the results and set up's.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just forget to take a pic of them. Mine aren't very tight. I get more fun out of shooting fast vs tight groups, so any I put up may not look as accurate as timed shots.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved it out to 20 yards and did some aimed shots (the one listed with 7 as bulls eye) then I just did a 10 round dump and was able to get all hits on the full sized silhouette. Most decent hits. Want to start some holster draws but not allowed at my local indoor range. I think they would let me, when no one but me there, but I just don't like putting people in that situation. I'll do it outside, on property owned by family. Setting up a shooting area that will include multiple targets.
I do practice dry runs. Draw and dry fire, but that hardly counts with the increased stress of live fire.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to shoot a USPSA pistol match. OKC gun club has one the first Saturday of every month. They have a half dozen or so first time shooters every month. You can shoot production which is a gun with basically no mods and an 8 round capacity. It can be a 10 round mag, but can only be loaded with 8 rounds in the mag.
It will open up your fun factor of shooting guaranteed. You can squad with me or any of the others. Once they know your a new shooter, you shoot last on stages so you can see how everybody else shoots them. You just need a holster that covers the trigger area, and enough mags to shoot a 30 or so round stage. Mag holders on a belt is a nice thing, but I shot my first with a .45 Kimber with mags in my pockets. Its a learning process. Each match has a qualifier. Its a stage set in stone that everybody has to shoot. The results are reported by the match director to the USPSA organization and tabulated to generate a ranking withing the organization if your a member. $25 a year.
Start at unranked for the first 5 matches, then your scores start accumulating.
D class up to Grand Master.
There are only a half dozen or so Grand Masters in Ok, so watching one of them shoot is pure pleasure and Impressive. It challenges you to do better.
Several of us on this board shoot USPSA and Steel Challenge. Take it to the next level and see how you like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom