Ada Range day 1/28/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range with my SA 1911 9mm and my Ruger 22/45.
1st picture is the 1911 at 12 yds first 10 rounds. 2nd is 1911 12 yds second 10 rounds. 3rd is 1911 12 yds 30 rounds.
4th picture is the Ruger 22/45 at 15 yards 14 rounds. 5th pic is the Ruger 15 yards 10 rounds.
Stopped by the Ada Gun show and will post in another thread. ADA 1911 12 yds 110 rds 1.JPG ADA 1911 12 yds 2nd 10 rds 2.JPG ADA 1911 15yds 30 rds 3.JPG ADA Ruger 15 yds 14 rounds 1.JPG Ada ruger 15 yds 10 rds 2.JPG

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to shoot better with a .22 pistol. Is this an issue with ammo quality, inherent accuracy of the pistol(s), or a training (or lack of same) issue? Thoughts, anyone?

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think the .22LR is basically less intimidating, less loud, less kick, less flinch, less weight. so all the psychological factors that come into play with regard to trigger squeeze, sight alignment, sight picture are less prone to error. There is a certain comfort factor in just picking up your .22 and letting a few rip. For the larger calibers, i generally actually "try" to focus, to have a good trigger squeeze, sight alignment and picture. I constantly think about it, with the .22, I just let em rip.

Anyone else?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt. I even catch myself getting ready for the recoil that never comes. Ha.
I'll take those shots. I'm trying something tomorrow. Tried it yesterday with some success and this is what I'm trying.
I'm looking to get some new shooting prescription glasses soon. I had found a place and will be working out the details soon. I had tried single Rx lenses that work great for golf but so/so for shooting. (I wear progressive trifocals.
A couple of days ago, I stopped by Walmart before going to the range. Picked up some cheap reading glasses that bring in the front sights in clear but the target is pretty fuzzy.
Anyway, Since I had a clear picture of the front sight and were not trying to find that spot after every shot, I did really good. Today I just use my normal glasses with so/so results. Went back to walmart and picked up two pair of reading glasses. One (non dominant eye) for distance Rx +1.25. and the other (dominant eye) for close front sight Rx 2.25.
Took the lense left (non dominant Rx 1.25) out of one pair and replaced the left lense in the other pair with the dominant Rx+2.25. So now I have a pair of (butt ugly) walmart glasses with the left lense (non dominant) at Rx 1.25 and the right lense (dominant) Rx 2.25.
Going to see how this works as it will allow me to see where my hits are. This is the process for people that have my eye issues. They will do the eye surgery or put contacts in, with the left eye for distance and the right eye for close.
If this works, I going to try to take the lenses and attache them to inside lense on shooting glasses.
We will see. (pun on the see part)

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wondered about this. It would seem, with enough practice, that a center fire pistol could be shot just as accurately as a rimfire pistol. For most of us mere mortals, that much practice is hard to achieve. In rifles, I have sold most of my center fire rifles since my .22s shoot rings around the CF's I had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom