Ada today with 22/45 and glock 9mm Issue with Ruger 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped the wife by the movies and I went to the range to tune up on my 22 skills.
Below are the results. Pic one is my first few rounds with the ruger 22/45 at 7 yds as well as pic two at same distance. then I had a major issue with the gun or the ammo that I will ask for suggestions for in a sec.
Pic three and four are the glock 19 at 10 yds.
The Ruger has never gave me a bit of problems, but into my third mag I got a failure to eject. Had to drop the mag and had some issues with getting the round out. Reloaded mag and after a couple of rounds the same thing without the bolt going back.
Looked it over and shot a few rounds and an odd amount of smoke came from the barrel with an odd sound.
Broke the gun down and noticed it was extremely dirty even though it was spotless before I went to shoot. Got a problem. Going to break it completely apart in a bit and see what's up.
The ammo is really old Remington gold hollow points that have sat on my gun safe for a very long time. Not sure it's bad or a mag issue or an ejector issue.
Comments please.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington Golden Bullets, perhaps? Pretty awful stuff. Try some better ammo.:D
It was. Had it for ages. Just got finished completely broke it down to the firing pin and man it was filthy. I shot hundreds of rounds at a time out of this and not have it near as dirty. I'm also concerned about the lite load sound and power I saw after a round that failed to eject.
Also cleaned my mags even though they were cleaned about a month or two ago.
is this stuff crap? Never shot it before and never seen a squib in a 22 and don't want mine to be my first.
What do you think? Fish food for the Golden's?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a dud round container at our range on each of the bays. The majority of the rimfire rounds that end up in there are remmington gold.
When rimfire ammo was almost non-existent, and I was desperate for ammo to shoot a match, the Rem's stayed on the shelf and I walked away from them. No need to drive, pay an entry fee and spend the day clearing jams.
CCI 1265fps, and the Winchester 1465 fps in 100 round boxes is all I use, and if I had a choice, I'd stay with the CCI. One FTF or FTE can cause enough time to go from first to 5th.
If I were punching one hole groups (which I can't do) like MM, there is ammo for that.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a dud round container at our range on each of the bays. The majority of the rimfire rounds that end up in there are remmington gold.
When rimfire ammo was almost non-existent, and I was desperate for ammo to shoot a match, the Rem's stayed on the shelf and I walked away from them. No need to drive, pay an entry fee and spend the day clearing jams.
CCI 1265fps, and the Winchester 1465 fps in 100 round boxes is all I use, and if I had a choice, I'd stay with the CCI. One FTF or FTE can cause enough time to go from first to 5th.
If I were punching one hole groups (which I can't do) like MM, there is ammo for that.
Thanks. I bought this when, you couldn't find any, at some gun show. Sitting on my gun safe for a while and just grabbed it.
Think I'll take my 22 rifle and just mag dump till there gone.
What crap!
dirtiest ammo I've ever seen, but crap, it's Remington!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Isn't that the stuff that comes in the big arse buckets at Acaedmy? If so I'm screwed

Latest posts

Top Bottom