adding heat to the garage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came off my gas water heater and mounted mine to wall. View attachment 331932

These ventless old gas heaters are what I have too. Works great and I got mine for free from someone renovating a house. Just poke a hole in the wall or mount it to a piece of plywood tied to the wall. Warms the whole 2 car garage up to 50 degrees in about 1 hour at 10 degree outside.
This is in addition to my regular electric garage heater I keep running anytime it's below freezing in there. I have exposed pipes (botched project I will fix someday) and can't have it get below freezing in there.

Those ceiling mounted heaters would be nice. I just probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the investment to the wife.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know when dad had his house built he had them to extend the duct work over into the garage area and had it insulated they just blocked off the duct work and never installed the vents in case down the road someone wanted to turn it into a spare room of some sort but the thermostat would still be in the reg part of the house.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ive got a 240 volt mini split unit in my uninsulated 2 car garage. Keeps it warm enough to get stuff done, and the a/c will keep it at 68ish all summer long. The same size unit is available in 110, i just happened to have extra 240, and not much 110 outlet space. one 4 inch hole in the wall and about 1000 bucks is all it takes.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ive got a 240 volt mini split unit in my uninsulated 2 car garage. Keeps it warm enough to get stuff done, and the a/c will keep it at 68ish all summer long. The same size unit is available in 110, i just happened to have extra 240, and not much 110 outlet space. one 4 inch hole in the wall and about 1000 bucks is all it takes.
Mini splits are great. Very efficient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom