ADG Brass? Edited: Details and measurements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been reading over at the hide guys having issues with Hornady and Lapua .300 PRC primer pockets becoming loose very quickly. ADG Brass has been recommended several times to stop this issue, so I started searching some. Not finding much bad at all on it. I went ahead and ordered 100 rounds last night. Maybe a few dollars cheaper than Lapua, but it is supposed to be made thicker in certain areas and it's made in the USA.

Any experiences with this brass here?

Thanks in advance OSA

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been reading over at the hide guys having issues with Hornady and Lapua .300 PRC primer pockets becoming loose very quickly. ADG Brass has been recommended several times to stop this issue, so I started searching some. Not finding much bad at all on it. I went ahead and ordered 100 rounds last night. Maybe a few dollars cheaper than Lapua, but it is supposed to be made thicker in certain areas and it's made in the USA.

Any experiences with this brass here?

Thanks in advance OSA

My experiences with ADG are just like yours. I've heard good things, but haven't tried any myself.

Please keep us updated, and if you get a chance to test OAL, headspace, primer pocket depth, and H2O capacity on a few random cases that would be awesome.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experiences with ADG are just like yours. I've heard good things, but haven't tried any myself.

Please keep us updated, and if you get a chance to test OAL, headspace, primer pocket depth, and H2O capacity on a few random cases that would be awesome.
Will do. I'm a ways out on loading yet, but will update and post when I do. I'm going to try the satterly (sp) 10 shot string development with this .300.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
65,000 PSI max pressure for 300 PRC
62,000 for .308
60,000 for .243.
65,000 for 270 winchester parent case is 30-06.
60,000 for 30-06 .

You push that envelope or run max loads like long range shooters tend to do your primer pockets will loosen up much quicker than using a mid range load.
We all know that though.

But you did not buy that Wiz Bang new caliber to go slow.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brass arrived today. Well packaged and looks great. Will be using these boxes as my ammo boxes too. Lids are hinged and plastic is thick. Not junk at all.
1674923700739.png

1674923760973.png

Inspection sticker, lot# and all info. My 2 boxes had the same lot #. Appreciate that
1674923798245.png

Annealing looks good. Consistent annealing marks, nothing damage that I can tell. Kinda love that case stamp too.
1674923853663.png

As I figured I might have to do, I will have to run all through an expander mandrel. Some necks have a tiny bugger, but nothing like some Lapua that is all boxed together.
1674923918424.png

1674923931024.png

Flashholes will not need deburred at all. Their forming or QC process is legit.

I randomly selected 10 cases from one box and pulled the measurements. The 11th round is a Hornady 225 ELD-M case new and unfired that I pulled apart as a controlled subject. 1st row is the shoulder, 2nd row is the OAL and the 3rd row is primer pocket depth. This was all taken from a Hornady Digital Caliper and a Hornady comparator kit. Fairly consistent.
1674924143914.png

Over all, I'm impressed and very happy with this brass so far. You get what you pay for I guess

Thanks

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Brass arrived today. Well packaged and looks great. Will be using these boxes as my ammo boxes too. Lids are hinged and plastic is thick. Not junk at all.
View attachment 343347
View attachment 343348
Inspection sticker, lot# and all info. My 2 boxes had the same lot #. Appreciate that
View attachment 343349

Annealing looks good. Consistent annealing marks, nothing damage that I can tell. Kinda love that case stamp too.
View attachment 343350

As I figured I might have to do, I will have to run all through an expander mandrel. Some necks have a tiny bugger, but nothing like some Lapua that is all boxed together.
View attachment 343351
View attachment 343352
Flashholes will not need deburred at all. Their forming or QC process is legit.

I randomly selected 10 cases from one box and pulled the measurements. The 11th round is a Hornady 225 ELD-M case new and unfired that I pulled apart as a controlled subject. 1st row is the shoulder, 2nd row is the OAL and the 3rd row is primer pocket depth. This was all taken from a Hornady Digital Caliper and a Hornady comparator kit. Fairly consistent.
View attachment 343353

Over all, I'm impressed and very happy with this brass so far. You get what you pay for I guess

Thanks

Will the boxes work for loaded rounds once you seat a bullet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom