Adulting School

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HaHaHa!

We are going to provide the skills and conversations necessary to get your #adulting groove on! We want you to know how to deal with your debt, how to balance your checkbook, fix your flat, have healthy relationships, and sew on a button. We know you’re tired of feeling like you wish someone had given you the instruction manual for being a grown-up.

Welcome to The Adulting School. We’re writing the manual now. Follow us, get in touch, and BE EMPOWERED.

Here is a clue dumba$$es, your parents should have beat that information into you.
These kids were raised this way and the only people to blame are their parents.
My kids missed many activities because they needed to get something fixed on their bicycles or cars. They had been told previously to get it done and when they didn’t I never said a word until it was time to go hang out with the boys on the weekend. Then the request to get it done became mandatory. The wailing and gnashing of teeth was pretty amusing.
So, I don’t blame a faceless society for the ills of the millienals, I blame their parents that allowed them to become that way.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep!
My kids could solder and read a micrometer before they were learning algebra in school.
They could swap an engine out and dismount and mount tires with a tire spoon and a bumper jack.
they are 25 and 30 years old now.
They manage money sort of good..the buying of a new car was not something I instilled in them.
Yep they both got new cars at one time and learned their lesson there HA!
They can both sew when they have to and can skin a buck and run a trotline :)

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lesson hard-learned is a lesson well-earned.

Good judgment often comes from having previously exercised poor judgment.

Pain and grief are often Nature’s way of letting you know that perhaps you should not continue to do what you have done.

You can tell a kid “Now dammit, don’t you stick that screwdriver in that electrical outlet” all you want. You can shout it repeatedly, loudly, and often. You can tell him “Now dammit, that will shock you”. Yet only when he at long last inserts the metal implement into the socket will the youngster well and truly learn what it means. The same methodology may be applied to fire and the concept of “burn” and to a frozen metal ice tray (for the oldies here) and what it feels like physically, emotionally, and to a point, intellectually, to have ones tongue frozen stuck to the metal tray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
11 years old, 12 soon drives everything we have with wheels on it, reads a tape measure, crawls under a house and assists with plumbing, will put your new grill together, turns a wrench the correct direction each and every time and she's not half bad a shooter either.. Her caloused hand after working the garden.. She has been nurtured by grandpa and it's abundantly clear.. Yes I love to brag on her every chance I get, damn proud I am..
vIzTXu4h.jpg

kpkWXR7h.jpg

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol... Oh how easy well-off yutes have it. A program to teach you how to be grown up. I agree with Hoddy on it being a parents job to teach this stuff, but too many parents focus too much energy on leaving bank accounts for their kids rather than life lessons, personal morals, and leading by example.

If only every post-HS student could experience the poor-student life. You'd be amazed how only having 3 types of jello for supper once in a while can change a persons level of responsibility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom