Advanced Concealed Carry Course in Sept.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everybody. We've scheduled another ACC class this Sept. since the last one filled up in about 2 weeks. It should be a little cooler outside too! This class has been a huge hit with people looking for home defense classes, reality based training and self -defense courses. It's the best of all 3 of them. Take a look at your calendars and see if you can make it. Dates are Sept. 26-27th. Tuition is $400 as usual. OSA and Carry Discounts still apply for anybody interested in signing up. Here's the course run down in case you didn't know. You can also check out our website for more info.

Everyday we pick up the paper, turn on the TV or log onto the Internet and we are immediately greeted by articles about violence and senseless crimes committed in every state, city and county in our country. Violence is no longer an inner-city issue folks. Everyday we are confronted more and more with the chaotic world we live in. Assaults and shootings that occur over road-rage incidents, brutal stabbings and beheadings that take place on a bus loaded full of people and NO ONE did anything to stop it. A man attacked and stomped repeatedly until he became unconscious simply because he stepped in between his family and a group of thugs at an amusement park after they had groped and molested his daughter right in front of him, his wife and other children. Two good men murdered in cold blood in broad daylight outside a Christian recording studio by 2 gang-members because “they didn’t deserve to live”. I've got more if you need it.

As many of you may know the Oklahoma Concealed Carry Course is very lacking in its ability to train you, educate you and prepare you for what you might encounter as a law abiding citizen carrying a firearm. Knowing the law and being able to apply the laws to real world situations are two different things. We have put together a class that will enhance your abilities to be a responsible, knowledgeable, prepared gun owner.

Have you ever said, “I want to learn how to protect myself?” If you have, this is the class you’ve been waiting for. Here are a few questions we have based this course curriculum around:

• Could I really fight off and survive a determined criminal attack?
• What do you do when confronted with an unarmed adversary?
• What do you do when confronted with multiple unarmed adversaries?
• Can you shoot unarmed adversaries?
• What if there is more than one attacker?
• What if the attackers were armed with some type of weapon?
• What if they got the drop on me?
• What would I do if I became injured and was unable to fight them off?
• What would I do if I was attacked and my family was present?
• What if your wife or children were the targets of the attack?
• What if you weren’t there to protect them? Would they know what to do????
• Do you think you know and understand the psychological motives and abilities of the human predator?
• If you haven’t asked yourself these questions perhaps you should.

Course Overview:

Two full days of training including lecture, practical exercises, training in low light conditions and force on force scenarios. To take this class you will have to be in compliance with the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, which simply means your weapons must be concealed and undetectable to others at all times. We will not allow any exposed or “open” weapons during the course. Ladies, feel free to keep your weapons in your purse or handbag, just like you would if you were out in public. This is a class for people that want to learn how to survive a criminal assault and be capable of defeating multiple attackers. In this reality-based class you will learn:

• There is no victory in defense!
• The criminal assault paradigm.
• Disparity of Force
• How to integrate empty hands, edged weapons, personal defense weapons such as flashlights and OC spray, and lethal force weapons into the fight.
• How to manage unknown contacts.
• Pre-assault cues, tracking, target glancing and methods to verbally and physically de-escalate your attacker(s).
• Spontaneous protection techniques also known as Default Positions.
• How to recognize potentially hazardous situations and avoid them.
• You will learn physical and psychological preparation and how to control your emotions a.k.a. Stress Inoculation.
• How to defend against a takedown, how to defend from a downed position or position of disadvantage and how to strike with speed and force.
• You will learn how to fight and win from all ranges and positions.

You will experience the Pre-Action, In-Action and Post-Action sensations of an attack. We are NOT setting you up to lose. If you handle the situation correctly, you will WIN every time. This is not a boxing class where we beat the laundry off of you to show you how inept you are. Would you rather you learn in a safe, controlled environment with us or take the chance on being brutalized or even killed in some dirty, dingy parking lot? Come train with us, you’ll be glad you did!

Even if you just participate in the lecture portion of this class you will walk away with life-saving knowledge! Participate in all of it or just parts of it….. the choice is yours.

Here’s something to think about, “When seconds count, the cops are minutes away!”

yeller

Marksman
Reaction score
For those of you that think that this is too physical because your not in shape don't shy away. This class is intense, but it is not super physical, sure you'll get winded but its short bursts and you will recover. They don't kick your butt, they give you skills to survive.

Just because you carry a gun doesn't mean your safe from the bad guys. This class is training to put you on the road to being a formidable adversary to the bad guys

Latest posts

Top Bottom