Advantage Arms Glock 19 and Glock 26 Range day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my Advantage Arms Glock 19 conversion kit to the range (used my old Glock 19 Gen3, bought it brand new as a Gen2, sent to Glock to have the grip frame changed) used some bulk Federal 36 grain, some Federal Auto Match, real finicky, FTE, failure to feed -- thought it was because I had new magazines -- Shot CCI 40 grain mini mags. Problems went away.

Also brought the Advantage Arms Glock 26 conversion kit (used my Glock 39 gen3 .45GAP lower) used Glock 19 conversion magazines with the X-Grip adapter, don’t like the flush fit conversion magazines -- same results as above -- CCI 40 grain mini mags.

Advantage Arms recommended ammunition:
https://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/RecomendedAmmo.jpg

Excellent Day to shoot !!!!!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range this afternoon -- brought the Advantage arms conversions; my Kimber Ultra .22 conversion; my S&W M&P Compact .22lr and my new Glock 44.

Shot a combination of Federal Auto match; Federal bulk (36 grain copper hollow points); CCI Blazer; Geco 40 grain semi-auto; and had some CCI Mini Mags.

The Glock 44 and the S&W ate everything -- can feel the difference when shooting the mini mags in the Glock.

The conversion kits were very finicky, unless using the CCI Mini Mags, mostly failure to extract.

I shot about 300 rounds in the Glock 44 -- only thing holding me up was I only had 2 magazines -- have more on the way. I like the load assist magazine, the S&W has that feature also -- I used my 22uplula to load the advantage arms magazines, I have the 1911A1 aligner insert for the 22uplula to load the Kimber.

Was shooting a spinner and cow bell at 25 yards.

Excellent day