Advice on Surface Damage Agreement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
@filbert , I just sent my friend an email and copied you per your request. I sent it to both of you so there is a communication started and there is no mix up in the electrons moving around.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically, a rod is 16.5 feet, and if one chose to create a linear acre, that would be 2,640 feet in length (one half mile) by 16.5 feet wide for a total of 43,560 square feet.

Time was that when building a fence on one's property, a new fence post was placed every 16.5 feet, which was supposed to be beneficial to a farmer plowing with oxen to know when to end his "land" and let his animals rest.

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pipeline folks added a fiberoptic line to their pipe a few years ago. All i asked for was to restore the barbed wire fence and put the top soil back on top. When they were digging they made a pile of it seperate from the rest, ok good.
When they were finishing up the dirt looked all wrong tan and full of rocks. When i asked about it he said its on top its top soil. Come to find out they used the top soil to pad the pipe. Took a lot of calling and they ended up buying me some more soil, but it was a real hassle. Oh and i had to redo the fencing.
Take pictures before and after.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless a person is fluent in legalese, I would strongly recommend hiring a lawyer. I think mine cost me $300 each time, and it was worth the peace of mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom