Aerobic Septic System Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s awesome that they didn’t trust you but it was all on the up and up. I think people aren’t used to that.
Totally agree, especially since contract signed and sealed = you’d really want to put the certificate where it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to see or read, unless they had their head up their… you know, and they apparently did!!👍👍 priceless

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our system is a hybrid. It starts with a huge standard tank for the initial breakdown of waste. We then have the three stage and aerobic system behind the tank. We add thee chlorine tabs in the line each month. We have no odors from this system. We hae three spray heads, system is sized for five bathrooms, we have three active.

the issue we have is the pumps seem to last about two years. I am currently pricing for one right now as it is the two year mark.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny DEQ wants you to spray wastewater on top of the ground at home...yet if you work in a wastewater plant and your discharge water isn't contained you get to do paperwork and make phone calls to OKC.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In some areas it is required to discharge via sprinklers. It is also funny the effluent from both systems is generally equivalent. Another way we are protected. Wonder what will happen when people start collecting cess pools for fertilizer

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's about control of the water...and how they can profit while justifying a job to pay for that expensive degree. Look at water wells...there's a lot of them. DEQ wants to know everything about them and how they can control /profit from them. It's all about the environment....yeah...right. Doesn't hurt they make millions off it either.
Sorry...got off topic

Harry

New to the site!
Reaction score
Installer told me chlorine wasn't necessary, I have never added any to my 2017 system.
I was an aeroboc inspector when I lived in Texas. If you have a sprinkler system you will need chlorine in the pump tank. It's not much. Like. If you have a drip system chlorine is not required. That was in Texas of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom