after 27 years I think it is finally over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After losing 3 uncles and my dad to breathing issues (2 to lung cancer one to vein issues and my dad to complications of Alzheimer's from smoking I respect your decision to quit. It's NOT easy and I salute you for doing it and gettin' it done. Keep it up!

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you…

I smoked off and on for about 5 years, about 20 years ago, luckily I was able to quit cold turkey with no issues. Dipping snuff was a little tougher to hang up. Quit it 15 years ago, oddly though I still crave a pinch every now and then. But I don’t give in, I know what will come of it.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The physical addiction is over by now. You must be feeling physically better. Your sense of smell is probably returning. You can probably breathe better, and taste food again. Probably you have stopped hacking up tarballs in the morning.

The psychological addiction is tougher to beat.

Smoking is a ritual; tactile as much as anything.
Holding the package of smokes, tapping it against one's palm to pack the tobacco. Holding the smooth cylinder of the cigarette in ones hand.
The feel of the smoke entering the lungs.
Etc.

It's all part of the ritual. It all has to be overcome.

It's not easy, but it can be done. Millions of people have done it. I've done it.

If I can do it you can do it. Hang tough. If you want to do it you will.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The physical addiction is over by now. You must be feeling physically better. Your sense of smell is probably returning. You can probably breathe better, and taste food again. Probably you have stopped hacking up tarballs in the morning.

The psychological addiction is tougher to beat.

Smoking is a ritual; tactile as much as anything.
Holding the package of smokes, tapping it against one's palm to pack the tobacco. Holding the smooth cylinder of the cigarette in ones hand.
The feel of the smoke entering the lungs.
Etc.

It's all part of the ritual. It all has to be overcome.

It's not easy, but it can be done. Millions of people have done it. I've done it.

If I can do it you can do it. Hang tough. If you want to do it you will.

From meeting you a few times I would have never guessed you used to be a smoker

Latest posts

Top Bottom