after 27 years I think it is finally over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit dipping when I moved from TX to MO. In TX coppenhagen was $5.25 a can then when I got to MO it was $2 cheaper! Doh! But I had already decided to quit and with the new surroundings and not having the same triggers where I wanted a dip, it was fairly easy. Now when I smell the stuff it damn near makes me sick and brings back memories of the forgotten spit bottle that you mistake for a fresh one till ya open it! :puke:
Keep at it and it will get easier

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Quit dipping cold turkey after 14 years. That was 16 years ago. I get that smoking and the habits associated with it is/may be worse. None of it is easy. Stay strong, it’s a day by day process.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started smoking at 12 years old swiping the left over butts from my chain smoking parents. Kept smoking until I was 26 when deciding to quit cold turkey as I was trying to keep in shape and smoking wasn't helping.
Fast forward to the early 90's my chain smoking dad died from lung cancer and 15 years later my mom passed away from lung cancer. Both attributed to smoking.
My chain smoking sister is now on 100% oxygen and won't quit.
You're doing yourself and your family a great service by quitting. It's tough, but I know you can do it.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, congratulations. My GF started smoking at 14yo, quit just before the first of this year and has not had a smoke since. She will be 65 this year. Like everyone else has said, YOU have to want to quit and YOU have to be strong enough to make it happen. Now I think she is addicted to spearment gum, but I will buy her all she can chew. My dad died of lung cancer in 1977, Lucky Strikes and Camels for him since he was 12. Hang in there, resist having just one. Stay strong, it will be hard at times, but you have to be stronger. Good luck to you Sir. As you can see, you have a lot of support here.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! I quit cold turkey and its been 13 years now.

If you need a boost, nothing helps me quite like fasting or intermittent fasting. Eat only twice a day at 3pm and 7pm; No sugar, No snacks, no foods from a box, and NO grain or breads. Or you can go One Meal A Day (OMAD). After 2 weeks of hellacious cravings you start feeling better and then the benefits start to kick in. You will be surprised how much better you will sleep, how refreshed you feel in the morning, how much energy you have, and how much discipline and control you have.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cut drinking straws the length of a cig, to give you hands something to hold. You will find it's as much a habit as an addiction. Don't be afraid to ask for Chantix if you need it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom