after 27 years I think it is finally over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have smoked cigarettes for most of the last 27 years and last week on my way home I just decided to not stop and buy any, the days do seem longer without having a smoke the first 2 days were the hardest so far I feel like if I make it a week I will have kicked it.
Good for you! Keep up the good work. My dad quit cold turkey after 42 years.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!!! One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Took me several tries, but July 4th 1991 was my Independence Day!!!

Kirk Douglas told the story of how he quit. He used to keep a cigarette in his shirt pocket. When the urge to smoke hit him, he would pull it out and look at it. And then say "who is stronger, you or me?" Then put it back in his pocket.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a big 1 gallon jar, like pickles come in. Clean it up real good, duct tape the lid on it. Then, cut a slot in the lid. Every time you wanna smoke, poke a $5 bill in the jar. You'll be surprised how quickly the jar will fill up.

When it's completely full, unwrap the tape off the lid and go buy a new gun. That's how I quit snuff/chewing tobacco.

Good luck! You can do it! :thumb:
i smoked American spirit at 1 pack a day its about $300.00 per month

Latest posts

Top Bottom