after 27 years I think it is finally over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit too after 15 years....some 30 years ago. After quitting for a short duration several times, I finally convinced myself I could NOT, "just have one"

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
its day 6 and this is the first day that I am starting to want to smoke again, now every time I want to smoke I will take a drink of water so I am getting my steps in between my office and the bathroom.
It's 100% in you head! My head used to fool me into going back to smoking, by making me over eat and gain weight, to give me an excuse to start smoking again!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember one incident, as I was driving home from work (back when I had a real job, with a paycheck):
I was driving along, about 5 years after quitting smoking, and was hit with a sudden urge for a cigarette. I remember thinking "..boy, a cigarette would sure taste good right now.."

As I drove along looking for an exit to take to buy some cigs (it was a very strong urge) I finally thought " Wait a minute. A cigarette NEVER tasted good. What am I doing?"

It's a battle, but it can be won. Stick with it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
day 15 still not smoking but damn it feels like the cravings are more now than the first few days.
Just remember this. Nicotine is out of your system in around 72 hours, so you are well past ANY physical dependence. It's all psychological now. One thing that helped me everytime I actually did quit was I'd tell myself that if I lit up now, all this hell I put myself through would be wasted.

If you just have to have it (you don't, but I get it), get some nicotine gum, pouches or lozenges. They are much less difficult to go without, but I highly suggest avoiding those too because you got it licked now, just stay the course, it'll get better.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
day 15 still not smoking but damn it feels like the cravings are more now than the first few days.

You got this, man! Stick with it! The terrible cravings stuck with me much longer than what some others have indicated. We're all different. But, I know you can do this. Hang in there!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom