After 9 years NASA will launch astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the ISS Wednesday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't confuse starhopper with the falcon9/dragon program.
Starhopper is the large stainless steel rocket designed to carry dozens of people to Mars being developed in TX.
It's more of a design and concept project than anything else at this point.
I hope it’s a concept and not an actual rocket. A third grader in his first sheet metal forming class could produce a better looking product.
Drove right throughout the middle of their facility several times earlier this year at Boca Chica.
I have no clue why the mobile version of OSA did not orient these pics correctly.

AA0C2797-168C-4EB3-8D92-32820C772CE5.jpeg
AF5E0529-7A34-4030-8655-3D9FC95E5905.jpeg
0932B529-E83C-405C-A2C7-7F87A8500B2C.jpeg
A07E14A1-FBE1-4356-ACF6-57709544C476.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You play this game! I have labored breathing and white knuckles and I FAILED twice! The damn thing keeps moving with faster corrections the closer you get and I get confused. I can maneuver it in close then it fools me and I overcorrect and kill everyone.

https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope it’s a concept and not an actual rocket. A third grader in his first sheet metal forming class could produce a better looking product.
Drove right throughout the middle of their facility several times earlier this year at Boca Chica.
I have no clue why the mobile version of OSA did not orient these pics correctly.

View attachment 163682 View attachment 163683 View attachment 163684 View attachment 163685
I figured that's what you had in mind.
That's part of a starhopper prototype for testing and development.
It will be years before it's ready carry people, if ever.
Has nothing to do with the falcon program.

Edit: This is what it is supposed to develop into scaled next to the Falcon9 rocket that will launch tomorrow.

31965853627_8958cf2806_k-1024x774.jpg

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I looked at tickets to Miami, rent a vehicle to Cape Canaveral for the day, tickets were cheap, but it's supposed to be cloudy on Wednesday. Thought about taking the boy and getting out of town for a few days but didn't want to watch it for 15 seconds and then into the clouds lol.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I were lucky enough to watch a night shuttle launch several years ago. Friend that lives there and worked for NASA invited us to a restaurant that overlooked the launch site. It was close enough to see and hear the whole process. Something I will never forget.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama cut the space programs along with other very necessary expenditures and our astronauts had to hitchhike on other countries' space trips. I'm glad we're back in the game, it's a sad thing when India has a space program and we are onlookers. Some people in DC would have been happy to see Costa Rica or Jamaica outdoing us because they don't care. We blow money on stupid things and the space program has brought us things we never dreamed of in computer science.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I were lucky enough to watch a night shuttle launch several years ago. Friend that lives there and worked for NASA invited us to a restaurant that overlooked the launch site. It was close enough to see and hear the whole process. Something I will never forget.

Yep - something you’ll never forget. I watched an Apollo launch from my Aunt’s front yard that was across the river. Spectacular- we could feel the ground shaking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom