After Work "Meet-N-Shoot" - Thurs Aug 2, Big Boys Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice time, nice group of people. Well except maybe one ^^ won't say any names ^^ but he still thinks he's 20 ^^, can't see worth crap^^, and smell's like old moth balls, and is post #50^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also an offensive 4 letter word for us retired folk. I'd ask you not use it again.....:bolt:
Talk to the other guy. He even called it an "After work E-N-S", and that lay about doesn't even wor...well, you know. Anyway, us w%&king folks are going to bed. Off to the salt mines in the morning....

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fun times were had and the times had were fun.
I did manage to unjam the Wards gill-gun. It sure was stuck in there though.

20180802_221118.jpg
20180802_221407.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats ugly! What caused it?

The damage to the cartridge was mostly caused by me trying to pry it out.

As for the jam. These old gals were not made for rapid fire. If you don't hold the trigger back for a split second and/or let it all the way forward before the next shot, the sears may not engage completely basically causing a double tap. This usually causes it to try to feed the next round before the former round gets ejected. You have to be deliberate with the trigger and it's a bit different than your typical action so it's quite easy to do when you are not used to it.

This is why I always bring 2 with me when I share and always expect to have to unjam at least one of them.

They are 70-75 years old after all. These things happen.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

As for the jam. These old gals were not made for rapid fire. If you don't hold the trigger back for a split second and/or let it all the way forward before the next shot the sears may not engage completely basically causing a double tap. This usually causes it to try to feed the next round before the former round gets ejected. You have to be deliberate with the trigger and it's a bit different than your typical action so it's quite easy to do when you are not used to it.

This is why I always bring 2 with me when I share and always expect to have to unjam at least one of them.

Great information. Thanks!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

As for the jam. These old gals were not made for rapid fire. If you don't hold the trigger back for a split second and/or let it all the way forward before the next shot the sears may not engage completely basically causing a double tap. This usually causes it to try to feed the next round before the former round gets ejected. You have to be deliberate with the trigger and it's a bit different than your typical action so it's quite easy to do when you are not used to it.

That clack/clack was fun to shoot

Latest posts

Top Bottom