Aftermarket extended auto warranties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So you are saying the the bug was taken care of in the warranty that came with the car as opposed to the warranty purchased to take over after the mfg warranty had expired.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A car that no longer carries its factory warranty is slightly more than used.
I am not saying your situation didnt work out for you. And i am glad it did. Im just saying you are the exception, NOT the rule.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I see what you're saying. i should have been more clear. It happened a couple times after the factory warranty had run out.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we can agree that the war was over the overstepping of the federal government. The states had a list of grievences (slavery being only ONE in a list of many). So if you choose the idea that the states fought over that one in particular over the rest, then you are well trained. You also buy into the idea you were told since childhood, that it all started with 1 man and 1 woman. They had two children. Both males. So now there are 4 homosapiens on the planet. One male child murders the other male child and gets kicked out of the house. Now there are just 3 humans on the planet. Then some time later the banished son returns with a wife and children? This is fiercely believed because thats what they told you. You better not question it either. Ironically how the King of the Jews is not even recognized by the jews! But this is the common teaching here so we dont put any more thought into it.
Fact of the matter is. The war was over states rights. One very small part was negroes. That part got put center stage 2 years into the conflict when it was needed politically. Yet we we are all to believe that it was the whole purpose the whole time?
As in the example above, dont question it. Just believe ans everything will work out.
So now we are seeing yet more history altered by the removal of the statues and you folks just cant see the forrest for the trees
Someone needs to adjust the sights on their keyboard... methinks you hit the wrong thread. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the words of Clark Howard on aftermarket warranties " Run Away! Run Away!"

I've bought two extended warranty's. One on a F-150 extend cab 4X4. The engine spun a rod bearing, requiring a complete lower end rebuild, and later on the transfer case gear chain sheared all the teeth off one of the gears and had to be rebuilt. So, that one paid off handsomely.

We bought a new Kia Sorento three years ago. 10 year 100,000 mile factory warranty on the drive train, but I think its 5 years on the electrical system. We kept turning down the offer of an extended warranty until it got to $300.00, and opted to take it. Electronic failures on new vehicles, no matter who makes them, are not uncommon, and $300 won't even come close to covering repairs on that.
60K on it now with zero issues. We may have gambled and lost on this one, but still 40K miles to go.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the norm. I also want to point out that at the closing table in the sales mgr office, the price always starts out pretty high. But after a few exchanges the price for said warranty comes way down. Like it is nothing. No big deal. This should be the first sign that this is just free money to them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the norm. I also want to point out that at the closing table in the sales mgr office, the price always starts out pretty high. But after a few exchanges the price for said warranty comes way down. Like it is nothing. No big deal. This should be the first sign that this is just free money to them.
Financing through them is also a money maker for them. When I bought my 2016 Tundra, it was zero percent through Toyota finance, and no closing cost of any kind.
I had the money in hand to pay cash which is how I buy vehicles, but they said the dealership and the sales person got a little bonus if we went with it so we did. Made one payment, and paid the loan off before the second was due.
I have no idea how that works, and sounds really dumb to me to process all that paperwork to get no money in interest.
Same when we bought our RV from Camping World. 0% interest. One payment and done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom