Agent Orange Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when Agent Orange was the "thing," members ofd congress invested in Monsanto the company that made AO as well as other war materials jsut as they did during the Mideast war. I personally think that it is unethical and there should be a law but we all know who creates laws.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting timing...

I craved Gatorade for quite a while after ETS from JI. 95 degrees and 95% humidity in the downrange vapor containment room at 6am while prepping for the day. Then it would get hot. We would have rotating teams going in to work rounds for about 45 minutes each. I remember sitting in the shack at 100+ degrees in the shade shivering while trying to rehydrate. 2 layers of cloth covered by butyl rubber gets hot quick while working rounds. GB and HD can really eat projectiles from the inside out...highly corrosive. I saw some really wild things pulling 4.2" HD filled mortar rounds out of their fiber board containers. 115mm GB filled rockets were forever leaking also...

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My uncle was a medic in Vietnam and he was exposed to this. He had kidney failure and was under age 60 when he passed.
May God bless our troops, past, present, and future.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I over worked for one of the the companis that manufactured Agent Orange for the government (back in the late 90s). They actually only manufactured the emulsifier but I am pretty sure they had to blend it with agent orange on site. The entire building and production unit had been destroyed and removed long ago and it‘s now a parkign lot. But let‘s be honest its is not as though we have gotten much better about such things (look at Round Up) its now being linked to so many health issues its scary. Oddly enough the same company maid the emuslifier / sticker - spreader for Round Up too.
AO and Round-Up are the same family. I worked for that well known, evil company that developed both AO and RU

My Dad helped start up and worked in the RU unit. He passed it 57 to, liver and colon cancer. 6 of our friends, that he trained and worked with, passed between 45 and 59 yo.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Typically the only covered birth defect is spina bifida but there are a few others listed in 38 CFR ch 18. I’m very familiar with the AO and it’s devastating effects on our veterans but don’t have any experience with the birth defects side as that is handledby the VA office in Denver but you can find out more information if you look here.

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/special-claims/birth-defects/

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to remember a few years ago when obummer admin was thinking of allowing ao to be used in US. Did not get far but was under consideration. Is ao one of those lovely safe chemicals brought to us by the friendly folks at usc berkeley? Trying to find the name of the safe pesticide they created many moons ago which off gases, rises to the atmosphere, has a five hundred or so year half life, does not break down, and actually destroys ozone. Guy went to prison a few years back for actually giving lectures on it along with other actions. They still get royalties for the manufacture and sale I believe. Very civic minded that lot.
Got a link? Sounds like BS. No disrespect.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None taken. I am trying to find my copy of the book. “The War On Bugs” is the title I remember. It starts with the initial uses of safe pesticide like arsenic then ddt and on. I need to find my copy.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine is dying from paroquat and other herbicides after having a successful weed control businesses, but he’s paying the cost now for pretty lawns. He is 53. Wonder how much of this is getting in our rivers and streams.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My uncle was a medic in Vietnam and he was exposed to this. He had kidney failure and was under age 60 when he passed.
May God bless our troops, past, present, and future.
An old boss/buddy was in the riverine boats, exposed to AO and had kidney failure also. Actually was able to get a transplant but had some complications afterward that got him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom