Aguila Interceptor .22LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my understanding, this is a hotter .22LR than other factory loads. Anyone shot any of this stuff?

Trying to find a good round that will cycle my 10/22 more reliably.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I havent personally shot any, but I read some reviews of the interceptor and there was alot of negative feedback about fouling. I do shoot the Aguila Super Maximum which is the hottest available @ 1750fps with 30 gr bullet. I have had excellent accuracy and function with them out of my 10/22.

1big44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like most of the Aguilla stuff they seemed to be dirtier than normal and you can expect 2-3 out of a box to be duds. Just my experience after a couple of boxes, your luck may differ.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never have had a 10/22 that wasn't extremely reliable, and have owned five or six of them. Wretched factory triggers that are not cheap/easy to fix is my biggest complaint, but all of mine have eaten anything without complaint, even when rather dirty.

Sounds to me like you need to look closely at your rifle. If you are using aftermarket magazines that could be the problem. CB

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to find a good round that will cycle my 10/22 more reliably.

A few ideas for your cycling problem...

#1 Clean the action really well and use Remington Dry Lube. It is teflon based and goes on wet and drys. This helped my 10/22 alot. Crud does not stick to the action like wet lubes.

#2 Clean and tune your factory mags. This is also another problem with 10/22's. There are some articles on tuning your mags on rimfirecentral.com.

#3 You are already on this one.. Find ammo your gun likes. Try to stay away from bulk ammo, especially if your gun is a built one. Bulk ammo is really inconsistant. The only bulk ammo that cycled mine really good was Winchester Dynapoints. I know this one is hard to do these days with everyone snatching up all the .22 they can get their hands on. I found that CCI Blazer (when they packaged them in individual boxes) was pretty consistant and gave me good groups. I have not shot any of the loose packaged CCI's though.

Try CCI Mini-Mags.

Hub

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never have had a 10/22 that wasn't extremely reliable, and have owned five or six of them. Wretched factory triggers that are not cheap/easy to fix is my biggest complaint, but all of mine have eaten anything without complaint, even when rather dirty.

Sounds to me like you need to look closely at your rifle. If you are using aftermarket magazines that could be the problem. CB

Did some testing with different flavors of ammo. No problems at all with the factory 10rd mag. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom