Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched the videos (even the most recent one of him walking around in a house under construction) and have come to the conclusion that the stupidity was rampant, all parties had a taste of it. Not a single one of them can claim innocence or even intelligence with their actions.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still doesn't change the fact that it was an illegal attempt to detain. Show me evidence that one or both McMichael knew Arbery committed a felony that would warrant a C/A and I'll change my stance. Until that time, all I see is two guys trying to stop another guy, the latter tries to defend himself in what appears to be an armed attack and he is shot.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still doesn't change the fact that it was an illegal attempt to detain. Show me evidence that one or both McMichael knew Arbery committed a felony that would warrant a C/A and I'll change my stance. Until that time, all I see is two guys trying to stop another guy, the latter tries to defend himself in what appears to be an armed attack and he is shot.
Agreed. If the McMichael's did not know of it at the time of the incident, Arbery's record is not relevant. I recall in other fora, that people were upset when Zimmerman was not allowed to bring Martin's criminal record in the case, because Zimmerman did not know about it at the time when Martin attacked him.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched the videos (even the most recent one of him walking around in a house under construction) and have come to the conclusion that the stupidity was rampant, all parties had a taste of it. Not a single one of them can claim innocence or even intelligence with their actions.

Amen.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a shame that we live in an America where race baiting is a national pastime . If the color of the three people involved were reversed, we wouldn’t have ever heard about it. Can anyone tell me who Christopher Newsom or Channon Christian were without Goggling it ? I did know till years later. They never made the national news because they were the wrong color. They were a young white couple that on Jan. 6th 2007 were carjacked in Knoxville , Tenn.. The people charged with this and other crimes were Lemaricus Devall Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas, Vanessa Coleman, and Eric Boyd. All black and in ages 18 to 34 years old. Miss Christian was tortured for hours. This included beaten about the head, raped in every orifice, bleach poured down her throat ( to destroy DNA evidence ), and wrapped in plastic trash bags. Then she was stuffed into a disposal bin to slowly suffocate to death. Mr. Newsom was raped, marched down a railroad track barefoot, shot twice and sat on fire. Miss Christian was forced to watch this. A crime this horrific and not even ruled a hate crime. Mr. Newsom’s mother said “ It started as a carjacking but , developed into Blacks hating Whites “. Where was Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton ? Why weren’t they raising hell and calling this a hate crime? Because they couldn’t stir up hate on this crime. I haven’t followed the Ahmaud Arbery shooting very much. I have seen clips on the news where famous people are calling it a hate crime . It amazes me how famous people think everyday people give a damn about their opinion. Especially when they form it before any facts are reported. I did watch a clip on OKS where it appears that Mr. Arbery attacks the guy with the shotgun. If this is what happen can the guy be faulted for shooting him to keep him from getting the gun ?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a shame that we live in an America where race baiting is a national pastime . If the color of the three people involved were reversed, we wouldn’t have ever heard about it. Can anyone tell me who Christopher Newsom or Channon Christian were without Goggling it ? I did know till years later. They never made the national news because they were the wrong color. They were a young white couple that on Jan. 6th 2007 were carjacked in Knoxville , Tenn.. The people charged with this and other crimes were Lemaricus Devall Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas, Vanessa Coleman, and Eric Boyd. All black and in ages 18 to 34 years old. Miss Christian was tortured for hours. This included beaten about the head, raped in every orifice, bleach poured down her throat ( to destroy DNA evidence ), and wrapped in plastic trash bags. Then she was stuffed into a disposal bin to slowly suffocate to death. Mr. Newsom was raped, marched down a railroad track barefoot, shot twice and sat on fire. Miss Christian was forced to watch this. A crime this horrific and not even ruled a hate crime. Mr. Newsom’s mother said “ It started as a carjacking but , developed into Blacks hating Whites “. Where was Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton ? Why weren’t they raising hell and calling this a hate crime? Because they couldn’t stir up hate on this crime. I haven’t followed the Ahmaud Arbery shooting very much. I have seen clips on the news where famous people are calling it a hate crime . It amazes me how famous people think everyday people give a damn about their opinion. Especially when they form it before any facts are reported. I did watch a clip on OKS where it appears that Mr. Arbery attacks the guy with the shotgun. If this is what happen can the guy be faulted for shooting him to keep him from getting the gun ?

I agree with your post until the very end. You clipped one short segment and formulated an opinion on it. The McMichaels chased Arbery down in their truck (and there had to be something going on before that otherwise the person who caught the video wouldn't have bothered recording it) and the video starts after they blocked the road and the younger McMichael got out, with a shotgun in hand. The thing of is that I have formed my opinion without considering the colors of all involved. The truth of matter is if the McMichaels had not chased him down, had not tried to detain him (at this point in time an illegal action) and done so while visibly armed, Arbery would be alive today. The only action of Arbery before this point that is tied to this is he walked into an unfinished house that had no doors, no locked gates, and so far nothing to show there was a no trespassing sign. So Arbery, by definition of law, had not committed trespass. Even IF he had, its only a misdemeanor, which does not allow for a C/A in Georgia. Anything before that in Arbery's past is moot.

I agree that many instances like this are paraded on national tv to build on the supposed notion that most whites hate blacks. Yes, most of the police shootings we read and hear about were justified and yet we hear all the pundits go on and on about them. This is not like those events. Do I think the McMichaels set out that day to kill Arbery? No, I don't. I think they tried to do something they were not trained to do, and not legally allowed to do, and it resulted in Arbery's death.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maybe, just spitballing here, there was less outrage because the defendants in that case were arrested and charged immediately after the investigation uncovered their identity and their ties to the crime, and there was no appearance of impropriety, favoritism, or good old boy network at work to cover it up.

That has been the main issue with this case for most here. The race issue is secondary and harder to prove. IMHO this was a bad shooting that the defendants almost got away with because of their connections to law enforcement and the DA. Nobody should ever be OK with that.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that puzzles me the most is why didn't Arbery stay calm and tell them to call the police . I think things may have been very different if he would have went along with what they wanted until the cops showed up. My opinion on who was right or wrong has nothing to do with color. The way the media handles it does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom