Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that puzzles me the most is why didn't Arbery stay calm and tell them to call the police . I think things may have been very different if he would have went along with what they wanted until the cops showed up. My opinion on who was right or wrong has nothing to do with color. The way the media handles it does.

The thing is we will never truly know what was said to Arbery. They could have said they wanted him to wait for the police, they could have said "Stop right there ***** or we will shoot!". We don't know. And we will never find out for sure. That's why you have to look at what evidence we do have. They tried to stop him, while visibly armed, and had no right to do so. By all apparent evidence, Arbery had every right to defend himself. Why does this part puzzle you and not that the McMichaels tried to do an illegal stop when the elder should have known the law, knew what he was doing was illegal, and yet he did it anyway?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that puzzles me the most is why didn't Arbery stay calm and tell them to call the police . I think things may have been very different if he would have went along with what they wanted until the cops showed up. My opinion on who was right or wrong has nothing to do with color. The way the media handles it does.

Because you are thinking from a perspective of how you would have reacted/responded . A criminal most often goes into fight/flight mode.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my perspective, it was poor tactics for Arbery to react like he did, but it was the McMichael's who started the incident. Arbery acted in self-defense in response to his attempted detention by the McMichael's. What they should have done was to contact the police, and follow him if they thought that he did something illegal.

Where am I wrong here?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I am not a minority that has grown up in a society that sees racism in everyday life. The fathers have to tell their sons about being stopped for “driving while black”, and all the other issues that many have to face on a daily basis.

We don’t know what took place leading up to the incident, we don’t know the potential bias of the white men, or the attitude of the black man. But that is what is comes down to. Black racists have one version, white racists have another version, and the rest of us understand that the actual truth will never be known.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahmaud Arbery Has criminal history ... but he was “ jogger “ that dindonuffin...

this is just another voter turnout tool by the democrat media to racebait votes for the upcoming election.
This begs the question as to whether the McMichaels actually saw or had direct knowledge that* Arbery committing a felony. If they didn't (and the evidence I've seen tells me that they did not) then their detention of Arbery was not lawful and Arbery had every right to defend himself.

Should Arbery have went inside the house? No, he shouldn't have. That, I think everyone agrees on. But all the video shows is that he looked around. That is trespassing, and that is not a felony.

And just FTR, I question whether Arbery's criminal history will come into play in the McMichael's defense unless they knew about it at the time of the incident.

*as opposed to suspect

30Luger

Marksman
Reaction score

here is the dirty filthy “jogger”

Watch the 4 minute mark and see how this “jogger” responds to an officer looking into his shitbox

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
explain how he defended himself?

That’s easy. As Arbery ran around the right side of the pickup to avoid the McMichaels illegal roadblock, the McMichaels with the shotgun changed positions. It’s not clear on the video but it’s not unrealistic to imagine him moving to block Arbery or attempt to detain him...or threaten him with the gun. At that point Arbery moves to defend himself by trying to grab the gun. Stupid maybe, but that doesn’t make it not an attempt at self defense.

Should he have kept running? Probably, but how does anyone know how they will act when they are confronted with the threat of deadly force?

Latest posts

Top Bottom