Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny you both say that. I once had to guard some transient aircraft on an island way west of here, thank God it hasn't capsized yet. Any how, as the detachment selected we were given an M-16A1 to guard these zoomie birds which had some sensitive stuff on them. Once these were issued to us, the butter bar in charge asked if there were any questions about confronting people violating the sanctity of the ready pad, a lowly little Snuffy asked where the ammo was to put in the empty magazine issued with the rifle. The BBIC replied that there would be no ammunition issued, at which point the Snuffy said screw you, there must not be anything important to guard out here and handed the rifle back. The last words I heard were......Office Hours!
It sounds like he forgot the "With all due respect to your rank and position..."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting you would say that. In 1975
I was in USMC as a guard at the US Disciplinary Barracks at Ft Leavenworth. Our rules of engagement were to yell halt 3 times and shoot to disable any escaping inmates. Our Captain told us he expected to hear halt as the last sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny you both say that. I once had to guard some transient aircraft on an island way west of here, thank God it hasn't capsized yet. Any how, as the detachment selected we were given an M-16A1 to guard these zoomie birds which had some sensitive stuff on them. Once these were issued to us, the butter bar in charge asked if there were any questions about confronting people violating the sanctity of the ready pad, a lowly little Snuffy asked where the ammo was to put in the empty magazine issued with the rifle. The BBIC replied that there would be no ammunition issued, at which point the Snuffy said screw you, there must not be anything important to guard out here and handed the rifle back. The last words I heard were......Office Hours!

I was a Reagan Marine in the mid-80's. We had it a bit better after the Beirut barracks bombing, but we'd still run into the occasional OIC who was more scared of Marines with live ammo than BG's. Most of us kept an off book mag and 5-10 rounds for those occasions. Better a courts martial than a pine box was our thought. Sure glad it never came to that!

bigo

New to the site!
Reaction score
By going after the people who were trying to stop him without legal justification. I'll grant that the way he did it was not too awfully bright, but Arbery had every right to do what he did after he was confronted by the McMichaels. They did not see or have direct knowledge of Arbery doing anything except possibly trespassing so they had no legal basis for their trying to detain him.

Where am I wrong here?
Yes, you are wrong here. The McMichaels had legal grounds for a warrantless of Arbery for trespassing, prowling, simple assault, and felony burglary. Greg McMichael is a retired investigator for the County Prosecutors Office, I think after 30 some years of law enforcement he probably knows when he has grounds for an arrest. As for Travis McMichael, he is Federal law enforcement officer employed by the United States Coast Guard, he too knows when it is justified to use force and to make an arrest. As for Arbery, he simply didn't have enough sense not to violate his felony probation, or enough sense not to charge into the muzzle of a shotgun in an attempt to commit a forcible felony on the man holding the shotgun.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you are wrong here. The McMichaels had legal grounds for a warrantless of Arbery for trespassing, prowling, simple assault, and felony burglary. Greg McMichael is a retired investigator for the County Prosecutors Office, I think after 30 some years of law enforcement he probably knows when he has grounds for an arrest. As for Travis McMichael, he is Federal law enforcement officer employed by the United States Coast Guard, he too knows when it is justified to use force and to make an arrest. As for Arbery, he simply didn't have enough sense not to violate his felony probation, or enough sense not to charge into the muzzle of a shotgun in an attempt to commit a forcible felony on the man holding the shotgun.

Um, no. Simply, no. Its been covered already, including by several lawyers in videos, that Arbery did NOT trespass. And there was no simple assault nor burglary. Everything in your first sentence is false. And the trial will show that.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Late to the party and wrong all of your points have been thoroughly debunked in the previous 27 pages...

Latest posts

Top Bottom