Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you go pick a neighborhood not near your home to go jog in? Do you wear a similar type footwear this “jogger” was wearing when you do this? Please. It’s obvious the guy was up to no good and if you look at all the available info it’s plain as day. I’m not saying it justified shooting him but it appears by attacking the guy with the shotgun he got himself shot. If he had been white, no charges would have been filed but to appease the black community we now have this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m glad you said this, I’ve been saying this for years! The most prejudiced, segregated group on the planet, are white, married (the only way marriage should be), straight, 30-65 year old, working class, men. But, even with all these things against us, we are not allowed to make a peep, about ANYTHING, or we are in the wrong, we are trash!
What do you reckon would happen if we paraded around saying white lives matter, or developed a ‘Cracker Day’, or had a holiday celebrating a white man from years before, who held rallies to segregate his white race, or had an official tv channel called WET, or had an organization called the National Association for the Advancement of White People. The list can go on forever, what do you think would happen if even one of these things were done? You got it, we’d be racist pigs! Sorry, I’m just sick to death of the BS direction this country has gone towards. I’ll never understand the need for the segregation other races demand, even to the point of saying Osama Obama was the first black president, or so and so is the first black, or female, or whatever. I don’t understand why they demand so much of this type stuff, why can’t it just be, ‘this man’ or ‘this woman’? It’s just freakin stupid, the facts in this case are, a guy was somewhere, he had no business being, and doing what he had no business doing. Then 2 other guys screwed up and killed him.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look all the wrongs in this incident don't make a right. There are plenty of wrongs to go around. Stupid don't give a sh#t about color. The guy may have been up to no good. The problem was you had a couple guys literately taking the law into their own hands and now a man is dead and they should serve time for killing him. Even if its some form of manslaughter or negligent homicide. People need to understand when you confront another human being bad sh#t may happen and their are consequences for your actions.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What specifics do you want? Yes, lots of times no where NEAR my home.

So you were trespassing casually in the middle of the day 13 miles away from your home like he was? Again... do tell. You're taking this apology pretty far lol.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they had reason to believe he was burglarizing or had burglarized a place they had sufficient cause to detain him. He attacked one of them and grabbed the gun as shown in the video. He caused himself to get shot. If the kid had been white the original decision not to charge them would have been the end of it. Justice shouldn’t be because of skin color but on the facts whether we like them or not. The story he was out for a jog is total BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, no they did not. A citizen's arrest can only be done when the arrestor has direct knowledge that the arrestee had or is committing a crime, and in many states that crime has to rise to the felony level. So far all accounts have said the McMichaels only suspected Arbery was the neighborhood thief. Therefor they had no legal right to stop and detain Arbery. And Arbery didn't just run right up to the elder McMichael, McMichael came out of the truck on the driver's side and tried to stop Arbery. Arbery then ran around the truck on the passenger side. The elder walked around the front of the truck and pointed his shotgun at Arbery. At that point its reasonable to believe that Arbery was in fear of his life. Its either run and get shot in the back or take the chance and fight them. And from the observations of the person who recorded the incident, the McMichaels tried to stop him before the final encounter.

So regardless of what Arbery might have done, if the McMichaels did not witness a crime, they legally can not stop and detain Arbery, much less at gunpoint. In fact, if Arbery had had a firearm himself he would have been completely justified in shooting both the McMichaels in self defense.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok....In IL. where we use to live, any time a new house would be built. Neighbors would always go in and look around thru out it's built. This was ...always been common, people would peek inside.

I am not taking sides here, as I said earlier ... common sense would have said, call police. Some people just cannot let go of things.

I do not know what happened in GA. except a man is dead, two are in jail.

I would hate to be on that jury.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok....In IL. where we use to live, any time a new house would be built. Neighbors would always go in and look around thru out it's built. This was ...always been common, people would peek inside.

I am not taking sides here, as I said earlier ... common sense would have said, call police. Some people just cannot let go of things.

I do not know what happened in GA. except a man is dead, two are in jail.

I would hate to be on that jury.

They did call the police. Did you watch any of the videos? This isn't new construction. You put all the blame on the father and son, but if the guy was just "jogging" why did he start wrestling a guy with a gun? If he wasn't doing anything wrong why didn't he just wait for the police?

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did call the police. Did you watch any of the videos? This isn't new construction. You put all the blame on the father and son, but if the guy was just "jogging" why did he start wrestling a guy with a gun? If he wasn't doing anything wrong why didn't he just wait for the police?

Because he was hemmed in by a car pursuing him and two men with guns blocking the road in front of him maybe?

He attempted to avoid them by going around to the right but the guy with the shotgun moved to block him again.

He had no duty to submit to detention, an unlawful detention, nor would you or I. A person confronted with a situation like that could draw a gun, kill both of them, and be able to make a good case for self defense as Colin Noir stated.

To me it all comes down to the scope of that state’s citizen arrest law and how much one is allowed to use the threat of deadly force to detain someone under said citizen’s arrest. From what I’ve read so far, they were far outside the scope of that narrow tool.

Last edited:

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No matter what he did or did not do, ....or what they thought he did...what thought when they stopped him....

They called the police,...they Should have just followed him ..

Someone gets out of a car with a shotgun, shouting as they come at you that your under arrest...you MIGHT...have a chance to save yourself by grabbing for the gun ?

Look...I am not taking sides....till every thing is said and done in court.

But till then...has crime all creased in that area ? .....No/Yes ...What was gained ?

He had mischief crime... maybe petty thief ?...bringing a gun to school. In the 1960's the ROTC guys would bring their fathers rifles to school. What did the court say on this ? ...That looks bad.

What was lost....Three families ....more then just one dead, how do you think the families of all this are going to come out....Now that is getting really blown up...how about the neighbors ? ....

Sad that race is playing into this, the hustlers will blow into town, take a few bucks...and slip away in the night without paying the hotel bills.

They should have waited...bet they second guessing themself now.

Now...your in that truck...
What would YOU have done since you want placement in this into this ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom