Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know they didn't witness a crime? I will say i don't know if they did or didn't. Him entering the house (which is on multiple videos) is a felony by Georgia law. If they DID witness him enter, they were totally within the law to perform a citizens arrest.

According to reporting, the senior McMichael’s claimed he was in his front yard and saw Arbery run past. He said he fit the description of someone suspected of burglaries in the area. That is not witnessing a crime.

Like TK said, that is according to reporting. So that’s what we have to go on.

Other reporting also says responding officers were ready to arrest both McMichaels after the initial investigation but the DA told them to stand down.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm personally pretty troubled by the whole incident. I'm a runner, sometimes run 4, 5 maybe 6 times a week. Now every time I stop my run to look around in someone else's property, I'll wonder if someone is going to target me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm personally pretty troubled by the whole incident. I'm a runner, sometimes run 4, 5 maybe 6 times a week. Now every time I stop my run to look around in someone else's property, I'll wonder if someone is going to target me.

You look shady AF. I’d bring more than two guys and two guns to question you about your activities...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You look shady AF. I’d bring more than two guys and two guns to question you about your activities...

I do. And I don't stop to screw around with anyone else's stuff, because I would EXPECT to be confronted if I did.

I am not trying to justify these two yahoos doing anything - just saying there's probably more to the story.

I know a bunch of runners, never knew any of them to stop and wander through a home rebuild/construction area. I think there's a handful of liars involved in this, not just on the shooters' side.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm reserving judgment until the trial. There's so much BS and "edited" clips of video, you can't believe anything anymore.

Agreed. And I got a laugh out of the national media, doing what they do best: slanting the story in one direction or the other. The perps = two scroungy looking white guys in mug shots, the victim? A nice, clean-cut young black man in a tux. Give me a break. Lest we forget the last couple of aspiring nuclear engineers that were shot in Ferguson MO and Florida, where the media portrayed them as sweet little boys in their cap and gown at graduation, etc. Then the facebook pics came out.....

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do. And I don't stop to screw around with anyone else's stuff, because I would EXPECT to be confronted if I did.

I am not trying to justify these two yahoos doing anything - just saying there's probably more to the story.

I know a bunch of runners, never knew any of them to stop and wander through a home rebuild/construction area. I think there's a handful of liars involved in this, not just on the shooters' side.

I ran for years. I ran with Landrunners here in OKC. I've done the memorial and rt66 multiple times. The video of inside the house shows this guy isn't a runner. I think most runners will have the same opinion.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It happened in Georgia. Not my problem.

713818fe20e025eabfde0c4025a3b5a5a5074a79d3620a951c27bcfadb5ff42f_1.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit, my opinions are based only on what I've seen about this case - I am not a legal expert, don't know a WHOLE lot about it, and admittedly what I have seen is somewhat skewed by media and public bias - although I did read the statement by the local D.A. stating he found no evidence to arrest them in its entirety. I'm not so sure I agree with it, but again - I'm not there, and not directly involved.

It sure just sounds bad, to me. I haven't watched these videos, haven't researched the story, etc. I'm just giving my opinion that these guys f***ed up being overzealous and someone is dead.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit, my opinions are based only on what I've seen about this case - I am not a legal expert, don't know a WHOLE lot about it, and admittedly what I have seen is somewhat skewed by media and public bias - although I did read the statement by the local D.A. stating he found no evidence to arrest them in its entirety. I'm not so sure I agree with it, but again - I'm not there, and not directly involved.

It sure just sounds bad, to me. I haven't watched these videos, haven't researched the story, etc. I'm just giving my opinion that these guys f***ed up being overzealous and someone is dead.
Looks like you watched some videos and researched more than your admitting. Not sure but just saying. Maybe your just jogging i dont know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom