Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on...they were in a truck...he is on foot...they are armed, have police contact with phone...he is not armed ( they don't know) ...he is carrying nothing..At least a home robbery would be carrying something ?...more then likely.....Try to arrest...Bad Idea....Confront with drawn guns, not sure how or when to use them...Bad idea getting heading South.....Get into fistacuffs with a gun....Bad idea red zone.....Gun goes off...person dead.....

For what....

Should have called police...just follow if you wanted to be involed . ..Let the police do their job.

Bet they are sorry now....

How it all plays out in court is what the truth shall say....I am not saying they could have been right, I am just saying for a property crime...I...as a home owner would not kill someone. If they were off my property and down the street...Let the police handle it....Then the insurance company.

If.. I do shoot you...your in my house uninvited, attacking me, or a danger to others...harming my dog will get you shot, faster then harming my husband thou.

Last edited:

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think this is how it went down. There isnt any evidence of him jogging anywhere. There is eveidence of him commiting a felony (video). This house isnt new construction. It is an existing house getting remodeled. The media has shammed everyone again. alot of people on this thread may change thier opions on this if when they see more of the real story (not the story the media is feeding).

You need to review the federal rules of evidence.

Him entering the house (which is on multiple videos) is a felony by Georgia law.
No, it is not.

My point exactly!
That said, I did finally watch some videos on this. YES, this guy had no business whatsoever, going onto that property, not to mention taking it a step further and actually entering the building. Innocent as his visit was, it was totally uncalled for, for him to be in there. As I stated earlier, a person has no business on another man’s property, for any reason, except in the case of an invitation.

Oye. I bet I have wandered through 1000 houses over my lifetime. Thankfully, I am a white guy, so I have never been hunted down and murdered for doing so.

The guys who shot him screwed up for sure but he wasn’t just a jogger.

Well, what WAS he?

As I was taught a long time ago, two wrongs don't equal a right. Was Arbery wrong for trespassing? Sure.

Except under OCGA, he wasn't trespassing.

I will be the first to admit, my opinions are based only on what I've seen about this case - I am not a legal expert, don't know a WHOLE lot about it, and admittedly what I have seen is somewhat skewed by media and public bias - although I did read the statement by the local D.A. stating he found no evidence to arrest them in its entirety. I'm not so sure I agree with it, but again - I'm not there, and not directly involved.

There have been issues w/ the Glynn County Sheriff's Dept and the DA's office for YEARS. Because of this, the Georgia AG has appointed an out of county DA to oversee this case. The county she comes from has a history of putting the SMACK DOWN on defendants. I expect that these two fools are going to spend a significant amount of time in prison. (For those interested, the county is Cobb, a fairly affluent county that is part of the Atlanta suburbs. The GBI director (Vic Reynolds) and the Georgia Attorney General (Chris Carr) were both previously Cobb County DAs. I am from Georgia (and Cobb County) and have told people that if they want to commit a crime...do NOT do it in Cobb County, you WILL serve time if convicted.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to review the federal rules of evidence.

No, it is not.

Oye. I bet I have wandered through 1000 houses over my lifetime. Thankfully, I am a white guy, so I have never been hunted down and murdered for doing so.

Well, what WAS he?

Except under OCGA, he wasn't trespassing.

There have been issues w/ the Glynn County Sheriff's Dept and the DA's office for YEARS. Because of this, the Georgia AG has appointed an out of county DA to oversee this case. The county she comes from has a history of putting the SMACK DOWN on defendants. I expect that these two fools are going to spend a significant amount of time in prison. (For those interested, the county is Cobb, a fairly affluent county that is part of the Atlanta suburbs. The GBI director (Vic Reynolds) and the Georgia Attorney General (Chris Carr) were both previously Cobb County DAs. I am from Georgia (and Cobb County) and have told people that if they want to commit a crime...do NOT do it in Cobb County, you WILL serve time if convicted.
LMAO!

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is painful to watch. He gets all pissed off about people's assumptions, yet he makes assumptions as well...and misconstrues the law of Georgia. First off, he needs to understand the legal term "reasonable person" and "intent"...he lacks some understanding in this.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is painful to watch. He gets all pissed off about people's assumptions, yet he makes assumptions as well...and misconstrues the law of Georgia. First off, he needs to understand the legal term "reasonable person" and "intent"...he lacks some understanding in this.

Painful because it might compromise the media's narrative?

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,what was he?

He was walking, illegally entered a dwelling, and then ran out when the person across the street yelled at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Except, he wasn't in the dwelling illegally. Oye.

Painful because it might compromise the media's narrative?

Compromise? He's just as guilty as the media. Spouting lies, making up law as he goes and fitting the story to HIS narrative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom