Aimpoint or Eotech?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd recommend you handle examples of both, and try sighting through each on an AR. I have one of each, and while I appreciate the features of the Aimpoint - smaller profile and especially the long long battery life even when powered up - I like the circle / dot combo and the larger sight picture of the EoTech.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Aimpoint over the EOTech any day. I worked at a gun shop and got to play with a lot of EOTechs but just did not like the way look, and how it looked on a gun. But the do work, and they work good. You can get one for a good price. If you like the looks then that will be a good way to go.

Now on the other hand I have had the Aimpoint Comp M4 and loved it. Had to sale it a few years back when I was on layoff. I hated letting that go but you do what you can do. It work good with my Colt SBR and out of the 4 years I had it, I did not change the battery one time. To me that is a big plus. The down side is that they are a bit higher then the EOTech. Now I have not had my hands on any other Aimpoint so I can not tell you how they are, but if they are as good as the M4 then they are good to go.

Now I am going to try the Trijicon SRS. It will be in Monday and can not wait to get my hands on that. It is a 800.00 sight and I may have should of wait on it tell I got to see one and seen how they do, but I also wanted something that not everyone has.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc....php?pid=SRS01

Good luck on whatever sight you pick.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no isdes a what is better but I prefer the Aimpoint. I had a 557 EoEech and didnt care for it. Not to mention the batteries go quick as in they die in a few months or more with out use. That and Im not sure if it was my eyes but the EoTech that I had, had the smaller red dots in the circle. Guess they were to small for my eyes. I do better with the bigger dot of the older M2 Aimpoints. So thats what I prefer

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both and for most situations I prefer the Eotech. Sure the batteries don't last as long but the viewing area is so much larger. With the Aimpoint, it's always like I'm looking through a scope. With the Eotech, it's like there is a red dot with circle on my target and that's all you see. For anyone who is seeing dots within the Eotech reticle or it looks grainy, stop looking at the reticle and look at your target.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Aimpoint PRO on my Colt, and I absolutely love it. IMO you can't go wrong with an Aimpoint, the advantages of such a long battery life outweigh everything else to me. I like leaving my optic on all the time though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom