Air compressor pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eagle Industries has always treated me right on compressed gases. To be fair, I've never taken anything larger than a 10lb cylinder to them, but up to that point, I've been happy. Take it for what you will.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know its an import, but I use a LOT of air powered tools around the shop. I bought a single lung compressor from Harbor Freight because I was short on $$ at the time. Its a high volume pump, that has a 3HP single phase motor running it. Its lasted for 10 years now running a lot.

I still see them in the occasional catalog I get from them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you keep the tank and get a new complete compressor you can hook the old tank in line with the new one and increase the volume of air.
I had a questionable tank at one time. Buried it underground outside the shop and plumbed it in to a new unit for volume. Surprisingly enough, it lasted many years.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a questionable tank at one time. Buried it underground outside the shop and plumbed it in to a new unit for volume. Surprisingly enough, it lasted many years.

funny, Sounds like something I'd do. I wonder how long it would last if it wasn't put in the ground.

All the moisture sits on the bottom so I'd guess if it was going to fail that is where it would happen. Lucky for me mine bypasses just enough oil I'm sure the entire inside of the tank has a nice layer of goo protecting it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
funny, Sounds like something I'd do. I wonder how long it would last if it wasn't put in the ground.

All the moisture sits on the bottom so I'd guess if it was going to fail that is where it would happen. Lucky for me mine bypasses just enough oil I'm sure the entire inside of the tank has a nice layer of goo protecting it.

The tank was old and rusty, and I was concerned it might rupture when the kids were airing up bicycle tires. Put a stop/waste valve that drew from the bottom of the tank to keep the moisture drained.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son bought one from Harbor Freight. $99 with 2 yr no questions asked warranty. Put it on an old 50 gal propane tank. Motor lasted maybe 8 months. Took it back, got another. It has been going for 3 yrs, never missed a step.

Latest posts

Top Bottom