• Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  • All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Airlines to begin weighing passengers

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a lot of focus on the weight of the aircraft including the amount of fuel on board.

The cargo is weighed.

I'm fine with them getting a good handle on something that they have just been guessing at up to this point.

I'd rather them determine the weight, than find out they missed it when the aircraft doesn't fly as expected.

It can also lead to better fuel consumption as they can better understand the expected load, and the amount of fuel required so they aren't taking on too much. Whether the Airlines pass those savings to the consumer is another question, but regardless, less fuel burned is a good thing as airlines do contribute significantly to pollution.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Uh huh . . . sure
Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
When Sweetie and I were younger, we sometimes talked about visiting Australia.

My idea was to take a cruise, but after watching "Jaws," she wanted no part of ocean travel. And I wanted no part of air travel over the ocean.

Told her I can swim a little bit if mechanical problems arise, but I can't fly at all...
:drunk2:

Top Bottom